UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The National Committee met with Chairs and members of the Supplemental/Rider Negotiating Committees at the National Grievance Panel last month. The Chairs made it clear to the National Committee that the main issue causing the rejection of the Agreements is the move from the UPS health insurance to TeamCare. This issue has been voted on and ratified as a part of the National Master Agreement.

Under Article XII of the International Constitution, the General Executive Board gave the National Committee the authority to declare a contract in place when the members are repeatedly rejecting a Supplement/Rider based on language that has already been ratified. This authority is very narrow in scope and does not affect the autonomy of Supplements/Riders to negotiate over issues that are properly contained in their Agreements, nor does it affect the rights of members to vote on their Supplements/Riders.

Is this statement a lie or were the leaders of the vote no group holding the rest of the teamsters hostage for political gain ? Like some leaders that put 250 teamster jobs at risk .

Where, pray tell, did you get this information?

The Milkman

$100/month 1st year, $200 2nd year, $300 3rd year and after that who knows? for new Teamcare. It was $0 out of pocket for my local and $50 for retirees under old plan. A good healthcare plan but one of worst pensions.

Sounds like a giveback to us retirees...Pay more...Thank you to the YES men/women out there..Someday YOU will be paying more for your YES votes today.....

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Where, pray tell, did you get this information?
It is in the IBT memorandum send to all locals. Answer the question if you know if it is a lie ? I am sure that the Union would not liable themselves with a broadcast statement as such unless it was true .They must be on firm legal ground.

The Milkman

Im embarrassed to be a Teamster, after all of this

I hear ya!!!!! Surprised others are praising the actions of Hoffa & Hall.....No they are worried about their retro checks! What about everyone's future? Someday if you survive the physical and mental torture for 20-25 yrs and get to retire you may look back at this contract and say.."Boy Those were the good old days" Especially from this point on it will only get worse,back in the 80's the Teamsters got more respect, contracts were decided by the members not UPS and those they are in bed with now. Retro checks will soon be spent......just like the bargaining power that just went out the door with the trash.....Can't wait to see the moaning and groaning 10 yrs from now on this board how UPS is treating all the YES voters. As an example,8 yrs to top rate, paying weekly for health care, 50/50 on drugs (now in some cases 80/20) same for dental care if you still have it, more telematic infringement, eliminating the remaining friend/T inside jobs currently in place, smaller raises percentage wise, all this plus the ongoing harrasment which will only get worse as lower level mngt gets knocked around with less and less of a chance for promotion which in the end leads to more and more loss of morale and respect for this once great company. Why care? When Atlanta and now the Union seems to have other thi ngs on their feeble minds

rockstar1226

being a member of 623 one of the holdouts, i'm pretty pissed off. to all the yes people, your gonna get what's coming to you soon enough. if we had more educated people in this country, who actually read an understood this contract. you would be holdouts yourself.
to all who think were getting shafted , and the union is pretty much dead. thanks for having a brain !
hoffa and hall do have to go ! i dare them to show up in philly !
teamcare is the worst part of this contract. but we have other issues here in philly. we have part times here approaching 20 years without a full time opportunity. we have a new building that's coming soon that's gonna send some people to the unemployment line. kinda think that might be some important issues.
does anyone on this site actually have a problem with sell out jimmy taking the healthcare out of the supplement ?
soj has never gotten us anything, except concessions.
what has happened here, is the eroding of america. fatt bureaucrats sticking it up our collective rear.
where is the fight in this union ? in this country ? we've become a bunch of fat lazy americans with no real fight !
as the years go by, i am less proud to be an american. we've become a bunch of weak minded ,uneducated ,what can i do americans ! when will this country take a stand against anything ?
this union is a disgrace , so is our government , and so are we as american people.
i can say i'm proud of our local members here at 623, not the officials . it was us the workers who got educated on the contract , and voted it down.
got news for you retro check watchers. first time you go to the hospital and are not admitted, that check will be a distant memory. not only did you screw your fellow teamsters by not getting educated on the contract . you're family is gonna take the hit financially.
i'm hoping better days are ahead, but i can't see it from here !

The Milkman

being a member of 623 one of the holdouts, i'm pretty pissed off. to all the yes people, your gonna get what's coming to you soon enough. if we had more educated people in this country, who actually read an understood this contract. you would be holdouts yourself.
to all who think were getting shafted , and the union is pretty much dead. thanks for having a brain !
hoffa and hall do have to go ! i dare them to show up in philly !
teamcare is the worst part of this contract. but we have other issues here in philly. we have part times here approaching 20 years without a full time opportunity. we have a new building that's coming soon that's gonna send some people to the unemployment line. kinda think that might be some important issues.
does anyone on this site actually have a problem with sell out jimmy taking the healthcare out of the supplement ?
soj has never gotten us anything, except concessions.
what has happened here, is the eroding of america. fatt bureaucrats sticking it up our collective rear.
where is the fight in this union ? in this country ? we've become a bunch of fat lazy americans with no real fight !
as the years go by, i am less proud to be an american. we've become a bunch of weak minded ,uneducated ,what can i do americans ! when will this country take a stand against anything ?
this union is a disgrace , so is our government , and so are we as american people.
i can say i'm proud of our local members here at 623, not the officials . it was us the workers who got educated on the contract , and voted it down.
got news for you retro check watchers. first time you go to the hospital and are not admitted, that check will be a distant memory. not only did you screw your fellow teamsters by not getting educated on the contract . you're family is gonna take the hit financially.
i'm hoping better days are ahead, but i can't see it from here !

I feel your pain, everything you said is spot on. Being retired I know that all the YES voters will someday reap what they sow......Once a Proud Teamster, Now not sure what the Union is doing for the members who put their trust in them to do what is best for them, their families and also as a Union for the betterment of all the hard workers of this once great country now swallowed up by Corporate Greed to the tune of Millions and Millions in Salaries, bonuses that are unreal, the list goes on and on. United we Stand (we once did) Divided we fall ( 3 locals who fought the fight) and thus become victims of the downfall to Weak Leadership

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I hear ya!!!!! Surprised others are praising the actions of Hoffa & Hall.....No they are worried about their retro checks! What about everyone's future? Someday if you survive the physical and mental torture for 20-25 yrs and get to retire you may look back at this contract and say.."Boy Those were the good old days" Especially from this point on it will only get worse,back in the 80's the Teamsters got more respect, contracts were decided by the members not UPS and those they are in bed with now. Retro checks will soon be spent......just like the bargaining power that just went out the door with the trash.....Can't wait to see the moaning and groaning 10 yrs from now on this board how UPS is treating all the YES voters. As an example,8 yrs to top rate, paying weekly for health care, 50/50 on drugs (now in some cases 80/20) same for dental care if you still have it, more telematic infringement, eliminating the remaining friend/T inside jobs currently in place, smaller raises percentage wise, all this plus the ongoing harrasment which will only get worse as lower level mngt gets knocked around with less and less of a chance for promotion which in the end leads to more and more loss of morale and respect for this once great company. Why care? When Atlanta and now the Union seems to have other thi ngs on their feeble minds
That's their grand plan. Like I said its not a coincidence that they are busting out routes and loading these routes up ridiculously. Its not just for the share holders and profit. People that have 10 to 15 years left or are just starting, they want to cripple them and do not want them to make it to retirement. Their grand plan because they know the union is getting weaker and weaker by the years, they will try and push next contract for lower scale top end, higher years of progression, and higher retirement age. Their going to do whatever it takes to :censored2: their employees. The writing is on the wall people, if you cant see whats coming then your either retarded or blind. They already tried to work the lower top end in at the beginning of this negotiation from the get go.

rockstar1226

I feel your pain, everything you said is spot on. Being retired I know that all the YES voters will someday reap what they sow......Once a Proud Teamster, Now not sure what the Union is doing for the members who put their trust in them to do what is best for them, their families and also as a Union for the betterment of all the hard workers of this once great country now swallowed up by Corporate Greed to the tune of Millions and Millions in Salaries, bonuses that are unreal, the list goes on and on. United we Stand (we once did) Divided we fall ( 3 locals who fought the fight) and thus become victims of the downfall to Weak Leadership
not weak leadership , corrupt leadership !

The Milkman

That's their grand plan. Like I said its not a coincidence that they are busting out routes and loading these routes up ridiculously. Its not just for the share holders and profit. People that have 10 to 15 years left or are just starting, they want to cripple them and do not want them to make it to retirement. Their grand plan because they know the union is getting weaker and weaker by the years, they will try and push next contract for lower scale top end, higher years of progression, and higher retirement age. Their going to do whatever it takes to :censored2: their employees. The writing is on the wall people, if you cant see whats coming then your either retarded or blind. They already tried to work the lower top end in at the beginning of this negotiation from the get go.

When I first started I saw many old timers hobbling around, in our local we had porter jobs, friend/T clerks/ overgoods clerks, customer counter clerks who at one time were drivers. They transfered inside like myself after 18 yrs driving. Was able to make it to retirement in somewhat decent shape. There was no power steering back in 81, No automatics, no lumbar adjustable seats, smaller bulkhead doors, 50 lb pkgs. and of course those higher steps to get in and out of the pkg car. Everyone took a beating, I had rotator cuff surgery, both elbows and carpal tunnel surgeries done..back pain followed me daily, it's a wonder many of those before us were able to last that long. Now the Power steering and automatics enable more women to do the job(their plan I am sure) and of course push them to death for 4 yrs through progression (get the most out of them while paying them less, again their plan) amd hopefully as many do...quit and thus no benefits or pensions to worry about. The cycle then starts over again.Jumpman you see it, I see it...others as you say are BLIND and or just to STUPID to see "THE BIG PICTURE"

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
When I first started I saw many old timers hobbling around, in our local we had porter jobs, friend/T clerks/ overgoods clerks, customer counter clerks who at one time were drivers. They transfered inside like myself after 18 yrs driving. Was able to make it to retirement in somewhat decent shape. There was no power steering back in 81, No automatics, no lumbar adjustable seats, smaller bulkhead doors, 50 lb pkgs. and of course those higher steps to get in and out of the pkg car. Everyone took a beating, I had rotator cuff surgery, both elbows and carpal tunnel surgeries done..back pain followed me daily, it's a wonder many of those before us were able to last that long. Now the Power steering and automatics enable more women to do the job(their plan I am sure) and of course push them to death for 4 yrs through progression (get the most out of them while paying them less, again their plan) amd hopefully as many do...quit and thus no benefits or pensions to worry about. The cycle then starts over again.Jumpman you see it, I see it...others as you say are BLIND and or just to STUPID to see "THE BIG PICTURE"
Exactly dude couldn't agree with you more chief.

Big Bad Wolf

Your more than welcome to GTFO.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

Idk what y'all are talking about! My, our, Union isn't weak. When I file grievances UPS reacts..they say they don't care, but they do! You think going on strike is the answer, but still want jobs? Strikes are dangerous and when you don't have the publics trust you have nothing...sure people love us, but there isn't an unemployed schmuck out there that wouldn't cross the picket line to make what we're making! Our union isn't weak, your complaints and ongoing rants and raves and bitching and moaning is what makes us weak! Ironically y'all were the same folks who keep screaming about solidarity, sounds to me like you're just pissed because you didn't get your way! Am I 100% happy about this contract? No! Do I think some of the language could've been better? Sure! Am I going to cry like a little girl because I didn't get everything I wanted? No, I'm going to take this contract we have starting tomorrow, learn it, and then file, baby, file!

Sent using BrownCafe App

rockstar1226

Idk what y'all are talking about! My, our, Union isn't weak. When I file grievances UPS reacts..they say they don't care, but they do! You think going on strike is the answer, but still want jobs? Strikes are dangerous and when you don't have the publics trust you have nothing...sure people love us, but there isn't an unemployed schmuck out there that wouldn't cross the picket line to make what we're making! Our union isn't weak, your complaints and ongoing rants and raves and bitching and moaning is what makes us weak! Ironically y'all were the same folks who keep screaming about solidarity, sounds to me like you're just pissed because you didn't get your way! Am I 100% happy about this contract? No! Do I think some of the language could've been better? Sure! Am I going to cry like a little girl because I didn't get everything I wanted? No, I'm going to take this contract we have starting tomorrow, learn it, and then file, baby, file!

Sent using BrownCafe App
hah, you gave away what you had ! and you like it !

Last edited by a moderator:

The Milkman

hah, you gave away what you had ! and you like it ! = stupid !

Forrest Gump Jr..Stupid is as Stupid does...Yeah give away your benefits to the fat cats, they do not realize they are cutting their own throats. Afraid to strike because they can not face the fact that may be out of work for a while, in the long run you have to Stand your Ground for your beliefs, if not you are just having your strings pulled like a puppet by the Stooges in Atlanta

10 point

I agree with you our union is in the shape it's in because of certain people who just want to be negative all of the time and just want to bash their union for doing the right thing and can't see the forest through the trees.
Your union's trees have ash borer disease.
I'm only negative about negative issues and
You have issues.

Getting a real job may open your eyes.

Stonefish

Your union's trees have ash borer disease.
I'm only negative about negative issues and
You have issues.

Getting a real job may open your eyes.
That was weak you can do better. Here is one for you since you want to throw digs. Welcome to TeamCare. Enjoy your benefits in an unsustainable plan. You should be getting your cards in the mail soon.