UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

In on epic thread that will be the dump of all garbage. Hey at least drives will make 25k more a year according to the 4 flyers they had to send me to vote yes.. That will pay for all my health care I'm sure..

The Milkman

I found it easier to just look up my gross earnings at UPSers rather than using hours worked.
Total earnings for the year for check issued August 2, 2013. ($50,000 for me)
Subtract that from the End of year total ($82,000 for me) =$32,000 made in 2013 after August 1
Add this years income ($28,000 for me) to last years $32,000 + $28,000= $60,000 TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST 1, 2013
Multiply the Total Income By $.70 (60,000 X .70) = 42,000
Then divide by last years hourly wage ( 42,000 divided by $32.29 for me)= $1,301 Retro check

$32.29 = $.70
$60,000 = $1,301

TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST multiplied by .7 divided by hourly wage = Retro check amount

Instead or worrying about your retro checks I would think everyone should be concerned about what the Union just did. Dividing the Union is what UPS wants so they can get their way in the future, longer contracts, longer progression, pushing more onto the employee for their health benefits all the while making huge profits and giving out bonuses to those on the board off your hard working backs. Retro checks will be needed for your increases in healthcare along with your anual raises down the road. Your votes mean nothing to UPS now that they saw the Union Buckle under pressure. Concessions are not what made Unions strong early last century, demands for better working conditions and better wages...not givebacks which now seem to be the norm. Hang on this is just the beginning of the end

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Instead or worrying about your retro checks I would think everyone should be concerned about what the Union just did. Dividing the Union is what UPS wants so they can get their way in the future, longer contracts, longer progression, pushing more onto the employee for their health benefits all the while making huge profits and giving out bonuses to those on the board off your hard working backs. Retro checks will be needed for your increases in healthcare along with your anual raises down the road. Your votes mean nothing to UPS now that they saw the Union Buckle under pressure. Concessions are not what made Unions strong early last century, demands for better working conditions and better wages...not givebacks which now seem to be the norm. Hang on this is just the beginning of the end

Couldn't have said it better....

After all of this, why on earth would Fedex want to be in our union? Give us you dues money . and in return we wont hear your voice!

The Milkman

After all of this, why on earth would Fedex want to be in our union? Give us you dues money . and in return we wont hear your voice!

Fedex sees the weakness, Uncle Fred is now happy seeing this. Why join and pay dues? Pay to support the salaries of Hoffa and Hall just to have them ignore the members needs? Again I say the strength of Unions today is being observed by the CEO's and boards just waiting to take advantage of that weakness. Just like the Wolves looking for the weak and older prey they hunt, they sense that and plan their attack. Gee..sounds like a bunch of guys in grey suits in Atlanta.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The National Committee met with Chairs and members of the Supplemental/Rider Negotiating Committees at the National Grievance Panel last month. The Chairs made it clear to the National Committee that the main issue causing the rejection of the Agreements is the move from the UPS health insurance to TeamCare. This issue has been voted on and ratified as a part of the National Master Agreement.

Under Article XII of the International Constitution, the General Executive Board gave the National Committee the authority to declare a contract in place when the members are repeatedly rejecting a Supplement/Rider based on language that has already been ratified. This authority is very narrow in scope and does not affect the autonomy of Supplements/Riders to negotiate over issues that are properly contained in their Agreements, nor does it affect the rights of members to vote on their Supplements/Riders.

Is this statement a lie or were the leaders of the vote no group holding the rest of the teamsters hostage for political gain ? Like some leaders that put 250 teamster jobs at risk .