UPS Delivery truck hit car - and left.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
fSW_MoreWookiee.jpg
LMFAO x 100 Cause im all busted up lmfao

oldngray

nowhere special
Bingo, out of beer. I hate when we get blamed, I had a customer adamant I hit his car. I didnt even back in the dock, and this before telematics. I saw my center manager there investigating, I mean I got a ride and everything. My truck had I even backed in there which I told him I did not, no way did that damage. And my center manager proved it. They gave me accolades for sticking up instead of giving in. The poor guy closed at 4, I just never seemed to get there til 455 after that. 20 yrs safe driving achieved today. Patting myself on the back....

I had a similar customer complaint. It was before telematics but DIAD showed I was miles away making pickups at that time of day.

wayfair

swollen member
Dude, Are You Serious ????
He's not getting fired over telematics, he's getting fired for a runaway, accident, and not reporting said accident

We're not talking about seat belt sensors or First back exceptions here.
The GPS in his car could prove it was him and telematics can verify his vehicle did hit the car.

Like I said, he can't be fired over telematics. It's in the book.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's a section titled "Technology and Discipline."
Check it out.
You can't be fired based solely on technology for a first offense.

It's sime really telematics shows the driver was there. it could also show he likely hit the car. Driver fired for dishonesty if they dont fess up to it.

The trick is you're fired for dishonesty or failure to report an accident. It's happened before it'll happen again.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There's a section titled "Technology and Discipline."
Check it out.
You're not a very smart doctor are you ?

Also not a very good lawyer because you'd get laughed out of panel if you think that section of the contract would save your job. They could use all that info to prove you caused an accident. Dishonesty is worse than admitting you made a mistake.

That section is for terminating someone over seat belts, residential backing, Diad use while driving, bulkhead doors open, etc. Investigating an accident will drop a huge SOL on your lap. Good Luck

wayfair

swollen member
"No employee shall be discharged if such discharge is based solely upon information received from GPS or any successor system UNLESS he/she engages in dishonesty."

Did you even bother to read it???

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"No employee shall be discharged if such discharge is based solely upon information received from GPS or any successor system UNLESS he/she engages in dishonesty."

Did you even bother to read it???
Did you? I highlighted the important word....