UPS DRIVER QUESTION

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Can-Do-Attitude, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Can't-Do-Attitude

Can't-Do-Attitude New Member

Got my foot in the door when I was 19. Unloaded for 3 years where my rate was last 12.70 an hour. Now I'm 22 and went to driving school and " graduated ". I have been driving the past 2 and a half months but am still 10 work days short of 30 days qualifying (where my 3 years seniority will go into affect). I'm now making 18.75 an hour however, For the few holidays I got paid for the past month, the rate I got paid for was 12.00$ for 8 hours. I'm not sure how the new contract goes, but shouldn't I be getting paid the 18.75 for holiday's? Only thing I could think of was they were paying me from my inside rate? Which still isn't correct. Can anyone tell me if that rate makes sense?

2. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

I'm not trying to derail the thread,

But how do they let you know you won the bid for the driver position?

I checked off email, phone and text

3. Can't-Do-Attitude

Can't-Do-Attitude New Member

Reg temp, not full time driver.

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

What does your local supplement say??

5. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

Southern supplement says you have to work all remaining days in the week as a driver to be paid as driver pay during a paid holiday.

6. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

I believe you will get 'the call' from HR ( from what I have read in other threads). I'm sure someone will correct me if it's wrong. Hope it helps

7. The Brown Shadow

The Brown Shadow New Member

Ask your shop steward. May be they are paying you as a helper?

8. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Go Brown Or Go Home! Active Member

If you got your pay raise then you should of made book. Definitely ask your steward.