dudebro

Ha. I wish. Traffic cops ran a speed trap for several days in a row last year on a major street near the hub, but I was too stupid to remember on the third day. Sped up a little to get around a guy who'd been blocking me from getting to the turn lane I needed. I look up right into the gaze of the radar gun. Cop has no interest in talking about it; when I say it can affect my job, he says, well, you can do traffic school to keep it off your record. All of which is fine...except the damned ticket is something like $435 all told. Merry Christmas.
Every situation is different. Sometime the center manager (sergeant) tells his people to write every ticket they can. it can be a numbers business just like ours.

MC0493

Aw man, don't keep us hanging... what was the offense to have an occifer give u a ticket w no leniency?

When i got pulled over for that expired sticker on the windshield, i sorta complimented that he had good eyesight to see it & played dumb... asking if the possible ticket would ruin my safe driving record fo my job ~ LoL
Pulled over for 60 in a 40, he wrote me for 50 in a 40. Went to court and they dropped it to a parking ticket. Never again do i speed on that road. It goes from 40 to 55, the road opened up and i sped up before the limit changed. Learned that one the hard way. First speeding ticket i ever got.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pulled over for 60 in a 40, he wrote me for 50 in a 40. Went to court and they dropped it to a parking ticket. Never again do i speed on that road. It goes from 40 to 55, the road opened up and i sped up before the limit changed. Learned that one the hard way. First speeding ticket i ever got.

My last one was on the Northway. Cop was sitting on the left hand side of the road at the point where it went from 55 to 65. He got me for 76 in a 55. $255 and 4 points. Ouch!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So they won't have to deal with it?
The poster said they just let him go after state / local get there. Tribal doesn't have to deal with anything if they are letting him go at the end anyways and unless there is a criminal traffic offense and the state / locals are cross trained as BIA police, there isn't jack stuff they can do anyways.

FilingBluesFL

Got caught in a "speed trap" 2 blocks from the center once in uniform on the way to work in the AM. Cop didn't care. He even cut off two cars traveling at the same speed behind me to write me the ticket lol

I've been working on my Kegels though, so next time we'll see if that makes a difference next time I get pulled over