UPS integrity problem

S

speeddemon

I and another driver were looking at one of his Telematics reports (breaks down over/under for each stop) the other day due to him being told he was way over allowed and he just didn't see how he could be, and I realized something that I thought is down right dishonest. To keep it simple, lets say you have 100 stops that you delivered that day. On 80 of the stops you were a total of 30 mins under, or -.50. The other 20 stops you were 30 mins over or +.50. The report is going to tell you that you were +.50 over even though you were under on the other stops that should have evened you out to scratch for the day. So what you are telling me UPS is your misrepresenting my TRUE production picture for the day. Why on Gods green earth should that motivate the driver group when your just straight up lying to us on the OR report. What you are telling us UPS is that you want us to work for free. We have randomly checked three so far. Your going to lose time on some stops and gain on others. That's just how uncontrollable variables work in this job. Pathetic.

packageguy

I and another driver were looking at one of his Telematics reports (breaks down over/under for each stop) the other day due to him being told he was way over allowed and he just didn't see how he could be, and I realized something that I thought is down right dishonest. To keep it simple, lets say you have 100 stops that you delivered that day. On 80 of the stops you were a total of 30 mins under, or -.50. The other 20 stops you were 30 mins over or +.50. The report is going to tell you that you were +.50 over even though you were under on the other stops that should have evened you out to scratch for the day. So what you are telling me UPS is your misrepresenting my TRUE production picture for the day. Why on Gods green earth should that motivate the driver group when your just straight up lying to us on the OR report. What you are telling us UPS is that you want us to work for free. We have randomly checked three so far. Your going to lose time on some stops and gain on others. That's just how uncontrollable variables work in this job. Pathetic.

First of all, why would you look at a report if you were not brought into the office. Don't worry about under /over which means nothing, if they think you are stealing time they will follow you. That report sets up a flag, they will follow you and see what you are doing. Then when they got you dead to wrong they will start the process.
I aways say give them nothing, they have nothing.

S

speeddemon

I expect honesty from everyone I deal with. Its a moral character thing you know. I don't go for a union rep every time i see something I don't like. I like to take care of my issues myself first before having to involve anyone else. Furthermore, this has no bearing on the way I do my job. It was just merely an observation I wanted to pass along.

pretzel_man

Speed, you need to slow down on this one.....

Telematics shows over / under on a stop by stop basis. Those are NOT the calculations that determine your over / under for the day.

That comes from a system called GTS.

It's NOT true that your underallowed work is unaccounted......

Telematics role is to point out where time is lost, nothing more.....

If a manager is trying to say that every last stop should be scratch or better, they are wrong.

S

speeddemon

pretzel, I have went through and added all the numbers. You get no credit, at least at my center, for the under going against your over.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Telematics shows over / under on a stop by stop basis. Those are NOT the calculations that determine your over / under for the day.

That comes from a system called GTS.

It's NOT true that your underallowed work is unaccounted......

Telematics role is to point out where time is lost, nothing more.....

If a manager is trying to say that every last stop should be scratch or better, they are wrong.

P-man is correct.

Operators tend to use all tools as a hammer even if it is a screwdriver or in this case, a scalpel.

For the individual driver, an established SPORH is better than the GTS Over/Under and certainly the Telematics report.

pretzel_man

pretzel, I have went through and added all the numbers. You get no credit, at least at my center, for the under going against your over.

Speed,

Your over/under allowed does NOT come from Telematics.

It just points out areas. For the Telematics report is may show the time for overallowed stops only. I don't know, but that is NOT your overallowed....

packageguy

the union does not recognize production standards.

Correct yourself, I found out that now when you get OJS for 3 days. That is your demostrated level of production. They will hold it to you. I hear that they are going afters jobs. at first warning letter, 2nd suspense, and 3rd notice of discharge. And our union is fighting but winning this one.