Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Ohhhh the technology is no good , they should map out our stops ,,, well you bunch of puzzzies should of been here when we had long pants all summer , a new rte with 200 stops , a map and a clip board with no clue where to start ,
You’re taking about way back when the Patriots were the worse than the Browns?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Well, congrats. You are one lucky sob. You've got senority, you've got hours.

New fish like us get put on as "cover drivers". If they need us they use us, otherwise we have to :censored2: off without pay. They are so desperate for drivers, they are offering "Fulltime permanent positions" to off the street hires like me. My guess? It's going to get worse.

With the boomers retiring in the next 5 years, with Generation Z not wanting to be drivers, and with everyone quiting UPS is going tits up.
You are off the street and are working ? So what’s your bitch ??
Some people have worked Pt here for years before they got to be a driver !!
Lucky , yeah , I’m lucky I got a chance to come work here , but wasn’t handed to me. Worked my arse off to get and keep the job !!
But I never cried about the uniform policy or appearance code ,, I knew what was expected of me and did as they required ! Seniority comes with years , sacrifices and hard nocks , you do your job , stay out of trouble and you ll be there before you know it !!

take your time

You are off the street and are working ? So what’s your bitch ??
Some people have worked Pt here for years before they got to be a driver !!
Lucky , yeah , I’m lucky I got a chance to come work here , but wasn’t handed to me. Worked my arse off to get and keep the job !!
But I never cried about the uniform policy or appearance code ,, I knew what was expected of me and did as they required ! Seniority comes with years , sacrifices and hard nocks , you do your job , stay out of trouble and you ll be there before you know it !!

Remember, I've never worked for this company before.

I feel bad for the people who worked Pt for years before they got to be a driver. I honestly didn't know about the internals of UPS, so I was shocked to see how badly everything is run. Would you say that someone like me (Off the Street hire Full Time permanent "Cover" driver) is lucky to have this chance? How hard was it before to get into the company off the street?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

I feel bad for the people who worked Pt for years before they got to be a driver. I honestly didn't know about the internals of UPS, so I was shocked to see how badly everything is run. Would you say that someone like me (Off the Street hire Full Time permanent "Cover" driver) is lucky to have this chance? How hard was it before to get into the company off the street?
Nowadays it only takes 6 months to drive from working inside. I too feel bad for the guys that spent 6-10 years on a waitlist (except the guy that did clerical work the whole time and now runs a lazy-daisy route). I personally plan to spend just under 2 years before I make the jump to FT

There is one caveat though. Starting right away means NO VACATION TIME for the first year. Much easier to get into package with 4 weeks of vacation than none.

take your time

Nowadays it only takes 6 months to drive from working inside. I too feel bad for the guys that spent 6-10 years on a waitlist (except the guy that did clerical work the whole time and now runs a lazy-daisy route). I personally plan to spend just under 2 years before I make the jump to FT

Interesting.....why is it so easy now than before in the past?

rod

Retired 22 years
Newsflash: UPS isn’t the military. Despite how much they try to assimilate with the standards. I’ve polished boots & shaved daily for the military. You’re probably bitter about me being Air Force because your ASVAB scores were only high enough to be a grunt eating crayons in the Army.
Thank you for your service in the Chair-Force. :rolleyes:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What is so hard to understand here ,, we get 34 something an hour to pick up and deliver Pkgs
Great medical , a pension and job security , we allllllll signed the forms on company dress code !!
We all want the big bucks , just conform , or go join the pre load and who cares how your beard looks or what you wear !!
Jeezuz Christ , these what about me crybabies ,,
Many youngsters with the saggy shorts which look like capris and beanies and black and white 100 dollar nikes and 200 orange or white Oakley’s..... every building has some...

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Years ago before I started, say the 90's and prior, being a UPS driver was a decent gig. You will hear a lot of old drivers talking about the good 'ol days and so on. Unfortunately Now it's a crap job, crap company with okay benefits and pay. I always suggest finding something else, before you get locked into an okay paycheck for a broken back/knees and dreading every day until retirement, etc. I like to look at life in the moment, not "you'll make it there in 30 years hang in there". That sounds like a dreadful existence.

take your time

Years ago before I started, say the 90's and prior, being a UPS driver was a decent gig. You will hear a lot of old drivers talking about the good 'ol days and so on. Unfortunately Now it's a crap job, crap company with okay benefits and pay. I always suggest finding something else, before you get locked into an okay paycheck for a broken back/knees and dreading every day until retirement, etc. I like to look at life in the moment, not "you'll make it there in 30 years hang in there". That sounds like a dreadful existence.

Interesting.

You know the biggest problem with this company is the Management. It's their goal to make their employees as miserable as possible. If it weren't for this model, UPS wouldn't be bad. It would be fun.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Interesting.

You know the biggest problem with this company is the Management. It's their goal to make their employees as miserable as possible. If it weren't for this model, UPS wouldn't be bad. It would be fun.
Well no one else can control how you feel about something. If I give you a terrible load on the preload, it's still on you to get upset. The management and supervisors, the ones we see day to day and not the ones making real decisions, like to think they have control yet they can't and do not themselves have control. If they had control and decision-making ability, you wouldn't see so many drone-like pricks without an ounce of integrity. But that's the model their bosses expect and thus exert that control. ;)

A quick aside, one of the drivers was OUTRAGED at a bad load on Friday. I mean, it wasn't bad, just not to his liking. He was throwing stuff and swearing, etc. Driver B says, with an audience of sups and drivers, and an equally screwed up load and dispatch - "I'm filing an injury report! My feelings are hurt right now and I need medical attention immediately!" It was pretty funny but goes to show how people react differently to adversity.

Last edited:

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
sounds like that driver couldn't get a hold of his dealer that morning for his daily dose of prescription pain medication and he is starting to jones. every wonder why some people can be so happy and smiling with that glazed look in there eye one morning and the next day be screaming and throwing boxes? it aint bipolar disorder!