dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Newsflash: UPS isn’t the military. Despite how much they try to assimilate with the standards. I’ve polished boots & shaved daily for the military. You’re probably bitter about me being Air Force because your ASVAB scores were only high enough to be a grunt eating crayons in the Army.
Crayons are good. Have you tried the green ones? Add some sriracha and you have a gourmet meal son!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I was gone for a year for active military service and was going to try to get a CDL job with UPS. I THOUGHT that the company would’ve had better operations & logistics, but now I know the truth.
Who cares???? Just do the job and cash the check. If your so inclined to change the way ups does things. Join management, they love input on how to do things from on car supes. BTW my buddies wife was in the air force and she's all of 110 pounds, so settle down guy.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Oh, you're not in the USA? So it may differ over on that side of the pond

Yeah I’m in the US, just originally from UK. The UPS guys back home have the same uniform standard though, and their trucks are waxed too believe it or not.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ah. Machine... I was talking about maintain of drivers.... there's a bigger demand for CDL A drivers in the states vs England...

OP got lied to by hr to trick him to be a package car delivery driver instead of a Feedah drivah... there's more demand in the states because the millennial generation don't want to be couped up in a big rig with inattentive drivers around you crowding in your space cushion. Or driving a package car doing 200+ stops a day

Heck, for that same reason, I do not want to go CDL A as well. Even though some are going automatic transmission on some big rigs to aid in trying to get more people in those>26,000+ machines

Heavy Package

Submit your letter and change things.

UPS Suggestion Box (Serviced by Union Porters)

funny-picture-7732149458.jpg

Heavy Package

Yet again, another union icon. “You only have to be as good as the slowest oldest guy delivering packages. I get paid more the slower i go! What would be my incentive to work harder/faster and get done earlier? That’s non-sense!”

You need to get a freakin' grip. UPS is on the record to make $6B in PROFIT this year. They have been in business over 110 years and are a successful company.

I used to gripe and complain about how much better things could be if this or that would change. Well..... It's not. So, I do the job the best I can and cash that check every week. My mortgage company, utility bill, grocery bill, ect. do not care how they get paid. UPS paychecks cover them all and I laugh every time I hear others complain about their insurance. Just got a $700 "grind guard" from the dentist because it was "free" with our insurance. I have no intention of using it and just threw it in the trash last week.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
and you were doing fine until that statement. Do not lump us all together. I have done the job, supervised the job and now manage the job, all with double digit experience. It is a business and you have to make money, it is not a social experiment. Hang in there you will be fine.
Oh give it up dragon... come on, we all know center managers don’t “manage” sht.....that ship has sailed years ago....you do as you are told and that’s that....no decision making authority what so ever...

trickpony1

Just got a $700 "grind guard" from the dentist because it was "free" with our insurance. I have no intention of using it and just threw it in the trash last week.

That was smart.
Some people grind their teeth when stressed. We all know pkg drivers are never stressed. The guard prevents the teeth from locking and allows the upper and lowers to glide thereby putting less stress on the articular discs at the TMJ.

Years from now, when your ears start ringing due to the movement of the articular discs at the TMJ from the "clenching" and the grinding...it's a little late to do anything.

Some people use a grind guard when they lift.

Good luck.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just a couple inquiries:
1) Our uniforms are extremely outdated & not made for the current task at hand. Anybody know of anticipated release of new driver uniforms?
2) Personal dress & appearance policy is a joke. Policies need to change with the times. I can maintain a clean professional appearance with a well groomed beard or 5:00 shadow. Plus the “polishable leather” shoes is ridiculous. You want me to deliver 350 packages to 180-200 stops in 90+ degree heat?? Better be okay with me wearing my all black breathable running shoes.
3) DIADs need to die. The UPS technology/OS is so outdated, & DIADs are overly bulky. Any insight on new handheld devices? Better yet, tablets with an in-truck dock for live GPS routing to every stop throughout the day? No more worries about going “blind”!
You spent to much time in moms mini van going to get soccer trophies there Wendy the whiner !!
Man up shave and shine your shoes ,, yiu want to dress and act like a bum ,,,go drive a garbage truck

Covemastah

As a 30 year employee 16 in packages, I am embarrassed with how UPS has slackened appearance guidelines. Drivers with beards because of a doctors note. Tattoos that are visible to the public, and untucked shirts.
In 1989 I was sent to the managers office ,,, I forgot to put on a belt !! I hear you bud !!!
I took my arse chewing , borrowed a belt and went to work.

take your time

I was gone for a year for active military service and was going to try to get a CDL job with UPS. I THOUGHT that the company would’ve had better operations & logistics, but now I know the truth.

This company is a :censored2:ing disaster. I've seen it firsthand. Everyone already knows how bad management is, but what shocked me the most were all the people limping around in the cafeteria room.

Many of them were crippled. I was sitting down in the driver area and out of the corner of my eye I saw what appeared to be a homeless man limping by. To my surprise, it turns out he was a preloader who had been working for the company for 20+ years. He told me to get out as soon as I can, everyone ends up a crippled. Yikes.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This company is a :censored2:ing disaster. I've seen it firsthand. Everyone already knows how bad management is, but what shocked me the most were all the people limping around in the cafeteria room.

Many of them were crippled. I was sitting down in the driver area and out of the corner of my eye I saw what appeared to be a homeless man limping by. To my surprise, it turns out he was a preloader who had been working for the company for 20+ years. He told me to get out as soon as I can, everyone ends up a crippled. Yikes.
Next month when I get my insurance. Going to set up a bunch of chiropractic appointments.

Covemastah

What is so hard to understand here ,, we get 34 something an hour to pick up and deliver Pkgs
Great medical , a pension and job security , we allllllll signed the forms on company dress code !!
We all want the big bucks , just conform , or go join the pre load and who cares how your beard looks or what you wear !!
Jeezuz Christ , these what about me crybabies ,,

Covemastah

Ohhhh the technology is no good , they should map out our stops ,,, well you bunch of puzzzies should of been here when we had long pants all summer , a new rte with 200 stops , a map and a clip board with no clue where to start ,

take your time

What is so hard to understand here ,, we get 34 something an hour to pick up and deliver Pkgs
Great medical , a pension and job security , we allllllll signed the forms on company dress code !!
We all want the big bucks , just conform , or go join the pre load and who cares how your beard looks or what you wear !!
Jeezuz Christ , these what about me crybabies ,,

Well, congrats. You are one lucky sob. You've got senority, you've got hours.

New fish like us get put on as "cover drivers". If they need us they use us, otherwise we have to :censored2: off without pay. They are so desperate for drivers, they are offering "Fulltime permanent positions" to off the street hires like me. My guess? It's going to get worse.

With the boomers retiring in the next 5 years, with Generation Z not wanting to be drivers, and with everyone quiting UPS is going tits up.