Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Newsflash: UPS isn’t the military. Despite how much they try to assimilate with the standards. I’ve polished boots & shaved daily for the military. You’re probably bitter about me being Air Force because your ASVAB scores were only high enough to be a grunt eating crayons in the Army.
Dave, is that you?

JackDR

This says everything we need to know. I bet you could out work me. But, let’s compare W2s at the end of the year. We can see who is wealthy and who is tired. You understand yet?
Yet again, another union icon. “You only have to be as good as the slowest oldest guy delivering packages. I get paid more the slower i go! What would be my incentive to work harder/faster and get done earlier? That’s non-sense!”

BigJamesBrown

I’m not picking on anybody. I appreciate a good loader, as I know how miserable a day delivering can be with a horrible load and packages in wrong sections. If you worked inside, then made a career out of driving, more power to you. I went from full time trash man to full time x-man for UPS. If they would’ve told me I had to work part time sorting before I could drive, I would’ve stayed with WM. I applied for a feeder/CDL job but HR told me that the package car delivery is better money in the long run so....guess where I am.
At my hub feeder drivers are paid way more than delivery drivers, I think HR lie to you because they needed more delivery drivers.:rain-little:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
At my hub feeder drivers are paid way more than delivery drivers, I think HR lied to you because they needed more delivery drivers.:rain-little:

Yep.

It's not to hard to read between the lines, with the OP's thread.

He was management with the garbage company.

That experience (and intelligence) has not transferred over to UPS.

It's frustrating for him.... to now be recognized as just a "grunt".

-Bug-

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep.

It's not to hard to read between the lines, with the OP's thread.

He was management with the garbage company.

That experience (and intelligence) has not transferred over to UPS.

It's frustrating for him.... to now be recognized as just a "grunt".

-Bug-

But he was the bestest sanitation engineer!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
At my hub feeder drivers are paid way more than delivery drivers, I think HR lie to you because they needed more delivery drivers.:rain-little:

Agreed, HR doesn't lie to applicants???

tenor.gif

no-way-Hlc2TPGlDYZFK

U should've went straight to feeders ; wasting your CDL A at package car delivery

I see no identification of the OP van number& the package labels are blurry, so his avatar is legit... nice preload! Tell me u didn't work off the clock to fix that

U have valid points though, butt they tried OrioN and PVDs smartphones to see if it can replace experienced drivers with area knowledge... they both need to be improved upon by management inputs or it's " garbage in~ garbage out" kinda deal

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
He's new. You weren't around long enough to see that any semi-intelligent driver or supervisor had ideas that would streamline operations and make life easier for hourlies as well as management.

Those ideas were never followed up on when presented.
Oh I know they have a real tendency to ignore good advice, made all the worse by the fact that their own ideas are so bad. They just blindly follow the stupidest, most outdated systems and methods for sole reason of "just because that was the way" and expect us to do the same.

I can't kid myself into thinking I can work like that. Just one of the many I had to get out of there. When it's time to talk business, if you can't present to me an objective reason why your idea is good, it's probably sh*.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Newsflash: UPS isn’t the military. Despite how much they try to assimilate with the standards. I’ve polished boots & shaved daily for the military. You’re probably bitter about me being Air Force because your ASVAB scores were only high enough to be a grunt eating crayons in the Army.

Royal Marines, but thanks for playing.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I was gone for a year for active military service and was going to try to get a CDL job with UPS. I THOUGHT that the company would’ve had better operations & logistics, but now I know the truth.
So what are you gonna do now? Obviously with your experience you can do just about anything.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Oh, so you eat the Queen’s crayons. My bad.

You suck at this. Typical from guys in the rear with a deployment loading the real soldiers equipment for them onto planes. Should be used to that yellow vest by now when out in the yard.

Reality is this, and following on from UnionGuy, UPS has standards and my center manager loves ex military. I’d say we are 70% vets who all conform to standards and have zero issue with uniform and appearance guidelines.

Stop being a typical Air Force pussay and handle it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was gone for a year for active military service and was going to try to get a CDL job with UPS.

Unfortunately, the longer you hang around here;

The more you will come to realize the deceit and manipulation, UPS perpetuates

on "off the street" hires. But, you can make money.

Having some inside experience goes a long way.

I THOUGHT that the company would’ve had better operations & logistics, but now I know the truth.

Kind of disappointing, isn't it ?

:biggrin:

-Bug-