upser.com locked me out

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by minktrapper, Jul 11, 2009.

1. minktrapper

minktrapper New Member

I was logging on ok up till about 3 months ago, now I am told I am locked out. the help page sucks too...it keeps telling me I need to enter more info but there is nowhere to enter it.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Try logging on using a different browser.
  3. Photog

Photog The Rollator Moderator Staff Member

Specifically MicroSoft Internet Explorer (IE).
    UPSers.com has security features that limit it to IE.
  4. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I'm having no problems using Mozilla.
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Hoax, I have never used anything but IE and I have never had a problem logging in.
  6. Photog

As designed, you should only be able to get on UPSers.com using IE up until a few weeks ago.

The new Aventail they put in now allows Firefox ... I did not notice until now
  7. Jones

So you're telling me that what I see when I sign onto upsers.com using firefox is an illusion?
  8. Photog

I stand corrected ... Firefox was not working a few weeks ago and it even had a message advising the user to use IE.

I like the security advisory to log off and close the browser down ... I'm sure everyone will do that.

I did close the active instance of Firefox but because I had another instance of Firefox open, when I reopened Firefox, I did not have to login to UPSers.com.

Looks like they still have some security issues with Firefox.
  9. Jones

I've been using Firefox exclusively for at least 2 years, and I've honestly never had a problem getting into upsers.com. I've never gotten a message advising me to use IE, or at least I never noticed it. This thread made me curious, so I just went and tried to sign in using google's new Chrome browser. No problem there either.
  10. over9five

over9five Senior Member

OK Hoax, tell us what you REALLY do!!!!
  11. Jones

I hope he's not in charge of making sure that you can only use IE to access upsers.com....:happy-very:
  12. over9five

over9five Senior Member

LOL! Ouch
  13. over9five

over9five Senior Member

My IE 8 tonight started having serious issues... Almost every website I tried got an error message about compatibility view or something. Websites won't view correctly.

Anyhow, I also have Safari which I never use. Thankfully, it still works....

......except for upsers.com!

What the heck, Hoax? Why can't you use ANY browser at upsers???
  14. over9five

over9five Senior Member

And IE's back to normal today...!
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Everyone complains about IE but I really don't understand why. I rarely ever have any problems with it. :dont_know:
  16. Photog

Usually something to do with allowances.
  17. over9five

over9five Senior Member

Hey Hoax,

Any idea what happened to the discounts under "Apparel and Accessories"? Nothing there, and I've tried for a couple days. The other catagories seem ok.

I need some sneakers!!!
  18. Photog

Sorry Colonel Klinck, I know nothing.
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Over, I know that we get a discount at the Reebok factory outlet store by showing our ID so that may be an option for you.
  20. Photog

What size you wear? I got some old ones.