UPSers Credit Card (on topic)

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hello everyone. Ive been working the preload shift for almost two years now, and noticed that there is a credit card for ups employees. I have tried contacting Bank of America and searching the web for information, but I cant find what I am searching for. I am trying to figure out what the general credit score is to be accepted for this card. My credit score isnt the best so this card would be awesome. Thank you in advance for any helpful information given.
Don't get a credit card. Here you go, let me help you before you ruin your life. http://www.iheart.com/live/dave-ramsey-channel-5859/

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Absolutely nothing wrong with having a credit card. The problem is with people who can't be responsible with one.
Sure there is. Good credit score means you are good at being in debt. Owing anyone is a bad thing, especially if you are charged interest.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sure there is. Good credit score means you are good at being in debt. Owing anyone is a bad thing, especially if you are charged interest.

Nope. Good credit score shows you know how to manage debt. No need to be in debt to have a good credit score. And if you pay off your credit card balance every month you pay zero interest.

Overpaid Union Thug

Most people think that debt is "normal". Which it is. But if you listen to Dave Ramsey like I used to then you already know that his methods are based on the goal for people to not be normal. I got out of some serious debt years ago by following the debt snowball program. That included paying off credit cards.

I like Dave Ramseys program and what he stands for but i also like free stuff. Once I got wiser with my money I started using credit cards again strictly for the points. I pay my balances weekly. I've cashed the points in on some pretty good chunks of cash and/or free hotel rooms.

But you are right about debt. It's so risky to have more than a mortgage for debt. And maybe one car note. Anything more than that and you end up just like what Tyler Durden said in Fight Club. "The things you own end up owning you."

ManInBrown

I think schools should teach personal finance in high school, but I learned from my parents. Got a card when I turned 18, used it and paid it off every month, bought several cars payed off or traded them in, and I've have had 2 mortgages. I'm 30 now with a 830 FICO score.
I agree. If a kid makes a mistake when young abusing credit, it could take 20 years to clean it up

Re-Raise

I agree that if you buy something and have to finance it, you are paying too much in interest because you need the instant gratification of having it before you can afford it.

I am lucky enough to live in an area where I was able to build a new home and still haven't had a mortgage for 20 years. In some areas of the country you would never be able to do this. But on the other hand, my house will never appreciate a half million in value either..

As far as credit cards go, I like the record of my purchases and the protection that you get by buying with a credit card. And I have seriously pocketed several thousand in free money just by buying things I would have purchased anyway.

Re-Raise

image.jpeg On one card. A while back American Express was offering a $250 sign up bonus. We opened accounts in each of our names and our two college age daughters. An easy 1k!