UPS's Ability to Keep Things Out of the Media----On Topic

jaker

trolling
That's ridiculous. So customers who spent big money for a NDA and wait at home in the morning to get their package by 10:30 keeping them hanging all day.

If UPS only gets one thing right each day, it's getting air on time (this along with making p/u service). If not, every one of those disappointed customers are lost to FedEx. Sad.
They scream and fire us all year about air and now it's like what air

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There was a feeder driver who rolled a set of doubles last year in Minnesota, made the news but they never said who the carrier was. Only reason I knew it was us was because I saw the trailer number on the nose and knew the driver's run.

I thought the news would be all over that. UPS truck shuts down a highway for hours with package littered everywhere.

Oh, and don't check the weather on your phone while driving down the interstate.

over9five

Staff member
I absolutely hate how the news will describe an accident involving a UPS truck saying "A UPS truck collided....."
Any other company is "A truck collided with....."

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I ordered a new laptop for my son last weekend. Was supposed to be delivered Thursday. Got an e-mail from Staples that the shipment was delayed because of the wildfires in TN. How can a shipment from CA to WI be impacted by fires in TN? Had my OMS run internal tracking and found out the trailer in CACH was never processed/moved.
So UPS lies to it's customers about service failures and blames delays on natural disasters?

The same thing happened to me this week and OMS said the package was showing up in SLC as an unprocessed trailer but the website was saying delayed due to the fires. I can somewhat understand this and deal with this but when we are instructed to EC stops "just because" to avoid showing up as missed, I become livid.

If only the customers could somehow read social media sites and see that UPS is hiding the package status untruthfully, maybe there might be some changes after class action lawsuits were filed. Oh wait, didn't that already happen?

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Suffice it to say that there was an incident that delayed the delivery of a substantial number of packages.
I don't think the world stopped turning.
UPS in general is not something anybody cares about.
It probably was not newsworthy.
I am not aware of any official effort on UPS to keep news out of the medias hands.
Some individual could always do anything they can get away with.
We use to (may still do it) paint over the "UPS" when our pc/trucks were in a wreck ... pretty much a joke since our brown trucks are recognized by most people.

brownelf

Well they apparently dropped the ball in the the past few days with the Houston robbery. The story made our local news on the other side of the country. I feel for the guys working the hood especially at nite, this is going to make their already dangerous job even worse. Be careful people especially those of us who deliver late into the nite.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Suffice it to say that there was an incident that delayed the delivery of a substantial number of packages.
I wouldn't call 500 pkgs substantial... We have had trains derail and thousands of packages lost or a plane go down and the lost of life and pkgs and it barely gets a blip on the national news let alone anything from our own internal mgt ....people don't care Dave ..it comes down to that

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh brother...the world doesn't care what happens in a small town in northern ny....fact....or any town for that matter...and if it happened in Canada then it really doesn't matter

I wasn't talking about national news. There was nothing about the incident on any of the local TV stations or in our local newspaper.

It was much more than 500 packages.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I wasn't talking about national news. There was nothing about the incident on any of the local TV stations or in our local newspaper.

It was much more than 500 packages.
Did a train derail, did a driver die, was a dog ran over... These are par for the course events here at this company...