UPS's Ability to Keep Things Out of the Media----On Topic

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dave can pm me what happen and I would bet unless it was a child being hit that this "big event" is nothing out of the ordinary for a corporation...news reporters don't care about beat to hell lymping lying ups folks

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I continue to be amazed at the way in which the company is able to keep service related incidents out of the media. We recently had an incident in my center, the details of which are not important, which greatly impacted service and caused major traffic headaches, yet there was not one word of the incident in our local newspaper or on our local TV news.

Have any of you been involved in such an incident and had a similar experience to where the incident was kept out of the media?

Vehicles crash everyday, why does it have to be a news event when one of ours crashes?

10 point

Well they apparently dropped the ball in the the past few days with the Houston robbery. The story made our local news on the other side of the country. I feel for the guys working the hood especially at nite, this is going to make their already dangerous job even worse. Be careful people especially those of us who deliver late into the nite.
I always carried a job application with the pkg and no one bothered me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dave can pm me what happen and I would bet unless it was a child being hit that this "big event" is nothing out of the ordinary for a corporation...news reporters don't care about beat to hell lymping lying ups folks

News reporter wouldn't buy your story either?

BTW - I like the "lymping lying" combo - it's eyeball synesthesia!

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
That's ridiculous. So customers who spent big money for a NDA and wait at home in the morning to get their package by 10:30 keeping them hanging all day.

If UPS only gets one thing right each day, it's getting air on time (this along with making p/u service). If not, every one of those disappointed customers are lost to FedEx. Sad.
True. When I was hired one of the main things that I remember HR telling me was "Service" is all that we do. We do not make products we provide Service

watdaflock?

I covered this in the first post.

TTKU

Your comment in the first post really does not make sense.

You said:
"I continue to be amazed at the way in which the company is able to keep service related incidents out of the media."

Which isn't true at all. Simply searching Google you'll find hundreds of accident related news stories instantly.

What other conspiracy theories do you believe in?
Would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Oh yea....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I continue to be amazed at the way in which the company is able to keep service related incidents out of the media. We recently had an incident in my center, the details of which are not important, which greatly impacted service and caused major traffic headaches, yet there was not one word of the incident in our local newspaper or on our local TV news.

Have any of you been involved in such an incident and had a similar experience to where the incident was kept out of the media?
Sounds like a truck wreck?

rod

Retired 22 years
I ordered a new laptop for my son last weekend. Was supposed to be delivered Thursday. Got an e-mail from Staples that the shipment was delayed because of the wildfires in TN. How can a shipment from CA to WI be impacted by fires in TN? Had my OMS run internal tracking and found out the trailer in CACH was never processed/moved.
So UPS lies to it's customers about service failures and blames delays on natural disasters?

Been going on for years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
th