US Economy

rickyb

Or the government takes too much in taxes and things like cap and trade which is use for taking more money from the rich and middle class without calling it a tax.
I mean can anyone remember when the last time a tax went down?

the rich can, because they have had their taxes cut big time since 1940s.

rickyb

Or the government takes too much in taxes and things like cap and trade which is use for taking more money from the rich and middle class without calling it a tax.
I mean can anyone remember when the last time a tax went down?

payroll tax on average people has made up for the falling corporate tax

rickyb

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...w-we-are-much-worse-just-last-economic-crisis

In America today, most Americans do not make enough to support a middle class lifestyle on a single salary. The following figures come directly from the Social Security Administration

-39 percent of American workers make less than $20,000 a year.

-52 percent of American workers make less than $30,000 a year.

-63 percent of American workers make less than $40,000 a year.

-72 percent of American workers make less than $50,000 a year.

We all know people that are working part-time jobs because that is all that they can find in this economy. As the quality of our jobs continues to deteriorate, the numbers above are going to become even more dismal.

i personally think americans are gonna become sick with democrats and republicans and will see either a 3rd party Or americans electing a far right or a progressive left president.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Not really , I don't work for the Gov't ( yet ) .
Really do I have to spell it out ..one time only .when you pay taxes that money goes into a pool of cash..That road you use guess how that got there,the bridge over the creek that needs repair guess how that gets fixed it ain't perfect,but what is...I'm getting a headache already....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The gov't works for me .
Except around here the potholes don't get fixed , the bridges are falling apart because all available funds are needed to fill pension liabilities .
Checkout Chicago ; $2B unfunded pensions ,
teachers starting salaries at $70,000 , the next Detriot .

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
The gov't works for me .
Except around here the potholes don't get fixed , the bridges are falling apart because all available funds are needed to fill pension liabilities .
Thank your republic tea cons..... I'll do it for you... I vote Republic teacon...WHY??????Again...Your welcome baba....

rickyb

The gov't works for me .

if you want your government to work better you need to put pressure on it through organizing and activism. but i would recommend revolution first and foremost.

rickyb

Capitalism is Just a Story

How many of us have a sneaking suspicion that something pretty fundamental is going wrong in the world? We keep hearing about the potentially devastating consequences of climate change but we are pumping more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every single year. We are forced into economic crisis after economic crisis and the only people who aren’t brought to their knees are those that cause it. In fact, they often just get richer and more powerful while the rest of us work harder and harder for less reward. Politicians all say the same basic thing. No one, it seems, is offering anything that is really different. The whole operating system is somehow wrong, but also somehow inevitable. Nothing can really be changed because this is just how things are.

At least, that’s what we’re told, and how it can feel. But this way of living – our system of modern capitalism – is just a story. And this story is not the only one there is. It’s not inherent within us. It was invented by human beings, and so human beings can change it.

But in order to get there, we first have to face up to some difficult truths.