Very excited to say "I QUIT!"

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
As a 30+yr employee, I just don't understand the mentality of any other high-timers who feel it's perfectly okay for the newer blood to take an eternity to top out. I topped out in just a couple of years as I recall. That's the way it should still be today....but of course that would cost $$$ that could be put to much better use in FWS' bank account

fedupped

There was an abundance of rumor and out right lies back then. Many of our employees firmly believed that they would lose their pension if we went union. They also believed tht Fred would shut it down before he allowed unions. That we would start at $0 and maybe not make as much as we were making. Many still feel this way. No rocket scientists here...

Sniper

See, I SHOWED you that Fred is reaming you out, and you still stand by the bastard like he's your best buddy...he's not.

Yes you did, and Fred paid us both today.

Did you cash your check?

I did and was glad to get it in this economy. Hope and change.:wink2:

Actions speak louder than words, always have...always will.

MAKAVELI

See, I SHOWED you that Fred is reaming you out, and you still stand by the bastard like he's your best buddy...he's not.

Did you cash your check?

While the economy in the back woods maybe flat or even going backwards, out here in CA in some areas the economy is booming. What does that say for your local government, aka the good ol boys?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Did you cash your check?

Go ahead, be an idiot. You can mock hope and change all you want, but it's still better than Tea and stagnation.

Sniper

While the economy in the back woods maybe flat or even going backwards, out here in CA in some areas the economy is booming. What does that say for your local government, aka the good ol boys?

We live within our means and have a plan B and C when the "hopes" are dashed and reality sets in.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We live within our means and have a plan B and C when the "hopes" are dashed and reality sets in.

Do you mean the REALITY that most Republicans are morons and that their "hopes" equal their plans to improve things....ZERO? It is what it is, and I just SHOWED you that Republicans are corporate toadies beholden to their masters. They could give a :censored2: about you or me. RAND PAUL IN 2016!!!

Sniper

But I saw "change" coming and an opportunity to better myself. No risk, no reward...the government can't save us. Individual responsibility and taking a risk at the right "time".

Just ask "shotgun" Joe

And Hillary in 2016 :wink2: hopefully Bill can give her advise about some new gun control measures. I am "hoping" he will.

Sniper

You been on my FB agian...killed a possum last night...lol...:wink2:

Scared the crap out of my better half last night and she said it had to go. When "mama" ain't happy nobody's happy. I used an "evil" suppressed .22 to send it to possum heaven and didn't even wake the neighbors up.

No I didn't "make this up" either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You been on my FB agian...killed a possum last night...lol...:wink2:

Scared the crap out of my better half last night and she said it had to go. When "mama" ain't happy nobody's happy. I used an "evil" suppressed .22 to send it to possum heaven and didn't even wake the neighbors up.

No I didn't "make this up" either.

Are you having Possum Stew or Possum Pie tonight?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Where have you been?

I am ever so scared of revealing my identity, but I will just a bit to answer your question. I am the manager of a Ground terminal in a mid sized city. My managers have been on my butt because, well frankly, I am a giant slouch. I try to get by by doing as little as possible for as quickly as possible. Volume has been light until recently and my days consisted of eating food from my mini fridge and playing free app games on my first generation craigslist iPad. They're making me do some actual work and it really sucks. Don't get me wrong, I still sit on my butt all day and eat, but I have to do paperwork. I hope I don't get carpal tunnel because I have almost beat Angry Birds: Rio. Plus, they got mad because I counted donuts as a FedEx purchase. I said it was for the drivers in the morning to boost morale, until the drivers were asked and said they weren't getting any. I'd buy them and eat most of them. Guess its out of pocket purchasing at Fry's bakery now. :(

So ya, I was busy, but I lurk and read your usual hilarious posts quite frequently.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am ever so scared of revealing my identity, but I will just a bit to answer your question. I am the manager of a Ground terminal in a mid sized city. My managers have been on my butt because, well frankly, I am a giant slouch. I try to get by by doing as little as possible for as quickly as possible. Volume has been light until recently and my days consisted of eating food from my mini fridge and playing free app games on my first generation craigslist iPad. They're making me do some actual work and it really sucks. Don't get me wrong, I still sit on my butt all day and eat, but I have to do paperwork. I hope I don't get carpal tunnel because I have almost beat Angry Birds: Rio. Plus, they got mad because I counted donuts as a FedEx purchase. I said it was for the drivers in the morning to boost morale, until the drivers were asked and said they weren't getting any. I'd buy them and eat most of them. Guess its out of pocket purchasing at Fry's bakery now. :(

So ya, I was busy, but I lurk and read your usual hilarious posts quite frequently.

Missed you here. More humor is always appreciated.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Sniper, was it GOOD for you and your wife when Fred took away the Traditional Plan? In another post, you mention having to work into your 60's, and my guess is that means your wife too. Is that GOOD? Mr. Smith didn't have to kill the pension, but he did, because we don't have a union to stop huge takeaways like that one. Is that GOOD, too? You see, Fred pulled ERISA funding out of his ass because that's all he had, and all of the dumb employees just said "OK", and rationalized it by saying "It is what it is". If you remember, that's when all of the passenger airlines were going bankrupt and using the pension guarantee program from the federal government. Because FedEx is an "airline" (not really), Fred used this golden opportunity to lie and say his motivation was to preserve our "threatened" pension, which wasn't threatened at all. Trouble is, FedEx was still highly profitable, and the Traditional Plan could have easily been retained. It wasn't even a good plan, but much better than the PPA annuity we have now. Your buddy Fred screwed us because he could, and because he saw a way to enrich himself at our expense.

So, when you're still a courier at age 65, you can thank Fred. Because most of our hours have been cut and our wages haven't kept up with inflation, few employees can max-out their contribution to the 401k, which is the real retirement plan these days. As your take-home wage shrinks in comparison with the cost-of-living, you get to make-up the difference if you want to maintain a decent lifestyle, so thanks to FedEx, many of us get to take second jobs, including yourself. In the mean time, your UPS counterpart can max out their 401k, know that they will have a very good pension when they retire, and not have to work a second job just to make ends meet.

------------------

Hopefully his wife can make it through peak. TRIPLE BY-PASS SURGERY and she works harder than he does (his words, not mines)!!!

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
So plan "A" is a gun store that obviously makes you have a plan B & C and making your wife work HARDER than you after TRIPLE-BYPASS SURGERY? Yep, I bet that was the "hope and change" she wanted, when she married you, right?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Read my post on Targeting Injured Employees. What happens in your Ground terminal when an actual employee gets injured? Perhaps you can enlighten us on some of the corporate directives. Good deal on the donuts, but soon Corporate Security will handcuff you and frogwalk you out of the building for a violation of Donut Policy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So plan "A" is a gun store that obviously makes you have a plan B & C and making your wife work HARDER than you after TRIPLE-BYPASS SURGERY? Yep, I bet that was the "hope and change" she wanted, when she married you, right?

You SHOWED him that he's a hypocrite, but now you have to TELL him, so he'll listen. I HOPE he pulls his head out of his ass and CHANGES, but I'm not sure he'll ever see the light. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Sniper

I guess I am pushing some buttons. (she tells me that all the time along with your a friend'n asshol*) I'm use to it..lol.. :wink2:

This will be her THIRD peak since her surgery.

Wants and needs.

She wanted a fire engine red trans am with T-top. That's fine...her money, her wants. Not to be outdone I wanted a 2nd Colt M16A2 for about the same amount of money. She enjoys driving it, keeping insurance on it, putting tires on it, putting gas in it.

I will NEVER shoot the A2. In ten years I'm sure we will sell both our "toys" and see which one has appreciated and which one has depreciated.

Work SMARTER not harder.

Since you brought up the triple by pass, if she had to have a bypass, WE are fortunate she had it three years ago, instead of THIS year or in TWO years. We all know how the Obama care has "changed" the deductibles and percentage of coverage.

Yes Plan A made plan B and C possible, I work for a fortune 200 company and love my job most days. I have a good stable work history and am not afraid to take a risk now and again.

It is what it is.

MAKAVELI

I guess I am pushing some buttons. (she tells me that all the time along with your a friend'n asshol*) I'm use to it..lol.. :wink2:

This will be her THIRD peak since her surgery.

Wants and needs.

She wanted a fire engine red trans am with T-top. That's fine...her money, her wants. Not to be outdone I wanted a 2nd Colt M16A2 for about the same amount of money. She enjoys driving it, keeping insurance on it, putting tires on it, putting gas in it.

I will NEVER shoot the A2. In ten years I'm sure we will sell both our "toys" and see which one has appreciated and which one has depreciated.

Work SMARTER not harder.

Since you brought up the triple by pass, if she had to have a bypass, WE are fortunate she had it three years ago, instead of THIS year or in TWO years. We all know how the Obama care has "changed" the deductibles and percentage of coverage.

Yes Plan A made plan B and C possible, I work for a fortune 200 company and love my job most days. I have a good stable work history and am not afraid to take a risk now and again.

It is what it is.
You are delusional. FedEx changed the deductibles not Obamacare. I "showed you" when I posted the UPS plan. The only difference between the companies is the UPS drivers have a contract that the company can not change at will. Unlike FedEx. Educate yourself brother.