Veteran Brown Cafe Members Should Encourage New Members More

budlight

hey friend* face
Meh, I've been around the interwebz for a while. I can hold my own here without crying. Just because I'm new here, doesn't mean I'm new at ups. I actually enjoy reading y'all whining about life at ups. It makes me feel like we're a dysfunctional family.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
i've noticed that new members get slammed by old members here on a regular basis thus driving them away. yes, i understand. newbies should have thick skin just as they should working for UPS. however, maybe you should preface your acid comments with a welcome .

maybe new members would stay around longer and participate more.

have to admit i'm guilty sometimes but try to use humor more often than not.

sure , new member questions sometimes sound stupid and their stories of firings, harassment , etc sound redundant to us because they don't use the search function or do a little research.

we need to welcome and encourage new blood more to make these forums more interesting. variety is the spice of life.

let's show some class around here.

getting tired of some of you old birds anyways. ( kidding, kidding, kidding )
Don't waste your time. I've said this on numerous occasions. Most of them are internet tough guys, who don't have the guts to speak that way to someone in person. There is no reason to talk to people the way they do but they have that high school good ole boy mentality. The worst part is the admins/mods act the same exact way so nothing ever gets done. Some of it is embarrassing to watch.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't waste your time. I've said this on numerous occasions. Most of them are internet tough guys, who don't have the guts to speak that way to someone in person. There is no reason to talk to people the way they do but they have that high school good ole boy mentality.

Unlike the others I have no need to create an online persona. I am the same person here that I am in real life.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Don't waste your time. I've said this on numerous occasions. Most of them are internet tough guys, who don't have the guts to speak that way to someone in person. There is no reason to talk to people the way they do but they have that high school good ole boy mentality. The worst part is the admins/mods act the same exact way so nothing ever gets done. Some of it is embarrassing to watch.
i have noticed this on different discussion forums as well. everything is great for awhile and then a small number of posters take over and belong to a clique that hardly anyone can join.

i have spent a lifetime of dealing with the old boy network because of the career i had chosen and the jabs and attacks on the internet are just par for the course and i can with good humor shrug them off.

some people can't and won't. they come here to join a "family" and are pushed away.

Overpaid Union Thug

i have noticed this on different discussion forums as well. everything is great for awhile and then a small number of posters take over and belong to a clique that hardly anyone can join.

i have spent a lifetime of dealing with the old boy network because of the career i had chosen and the jabs and attacks on the internet are just par for the course and i can with good humor shrug them off.

some people can't and won't. they come here to join a "family" and are pushed away.

I've been around since shortly after the beginning of BC coming online under a couple of different user names. I don't post on here nearly as much as I used to though. Partly because of the things you've mentioned. And because BC has grown so much and it's hard for me to keep up with everything without my time in the real world taking a huge hit. Even when I was a spending allot of time on here I would always back off during peak because of the swarms of helpers that would bombard the board. It happens every year. I haven't really noticed the cliques. I guess thats because I'm not too involved like I used to be.