Voting no

542thruNthru

Cripes could end up worse
Nah cuz, crips always come out on top.
UnknownHatefulGrison-size_restricted.gif

Upass.

I don’t know why most of part timers aren’t happy , you don’t deserve 25& . Partimers always worked at ups for insurance and tuition. Quit crying or quit

SafetyFirst

Definitely does not and we likely won't strike even with a no vote at this point. Tough for Sean to authorize a strike after agreeing to terms and endorsing the deal. So what's the leverage. We probably just work under this contract with no raise.

Brown Down

The company desperately caved last minute and doesn’t want a strike. If we vote no they will immediately offer a better contract before letting us strike.
the company caved because they saw the support we had both public and politically. Can you honestly say that we will still have public support when we reject a 30 billion offer, with alot of non economic wins, with very few if any(alot of them are matters of opinion) losses. i'd bet money we'd move backwards on some issues just to squeeze a few more dollars out of them. Don't get me wrong this contract isn't perfect, but it is very very good accross the board. Are you willing to risk very very good for a roll of the dice and a possible ok contract with concessions?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The company desperately caved last minute and doesn’t want a strike. If we vote no they will immediately offer a better contract before letting us strike.
Desperately caved? Caving would be we got everything we wanted, we didn't. You can stew and make yourself mad about what we didn't get or focus on what we did and enjoy that. The sun will come up tomorrow , people will accuse us of stealing their missing packages and life will go on, relax

Undertow

Does voting no guarantee a better contract?
Guarantee? Absolutely not. It's possible we already dodged a bullit when the debt ceiling standoff ended without a default and all that would have come with it. Who knows what outside forces far outside the company's or union's control could impact economic factors between now and say November?

Plus not every employee shares the same reasons for voting NO. Somebody in the the desert Southwest might vote NO solely because he wants AC in his truck by Jan 1st where others in the Southeast strictly want better pensions.

I can remember two contracts back where Zuckerman's local in KY and maybe another in PA voted down TA's perhaps more than just once and Hoffa just rammed it through regardless.