Voting no

As long as they're contributing to my pension, I DON'T CARE
The longer you're here, the more opportunities you get, and more money you make.
That's irrefutable no matter what you AO-MEs and Bernie Panders think.

Don't like the union pay and benefits, go back out the door you came in.
There will be a line of applicants you'll pass by
I prefer to fight for Union members pay and benefits. Equal pay for equal work.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Isn’t that one of the pters at CASH??? Needs to go use some of that good pt dental and get that grill fixed…damn hub rat.
IMG_2356.gif

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Preloaders get my respect because @MECH-II did 5 YEARS HARD TIME LOADING TRUCKS FOR $8.50 an hour …preloads harder than driving once the area knowledge aspect is over and on autopilot.

Plus you have a damn GPS now , SMH , SIGH , FART , SHRUG
🧔‍♂️✊

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Preloaders get my respect because @MECH-II did 5 YEARS HARD TIME LOADING TRUCKS FOR $8.50 an hour …preloads harder than driving once the area knowledge aspect is over and on autopilot.

🧔‍♂️✊

🧔‍♂️✊
1690683985703.gif

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Cold As Ice, Willing To Sacrifice
The company desperately caved last minute and doesn’t want a strike. If we vote no they will immediately offer a better contract before letting us strike.
Looks to me like the company played SOB for a sucker. This was far from the historic win for the Teamsters it is being played up to be. This guy over-promised and under-delivered. .75cents raise for years 2 & 3? That's worse than the last garbage contract. Considering all the tough-talk by SOB, he went in like a Lion and came out like a pusillanimous cat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Looks to me like the company played SOB for a sucker. This was far from the historic win for the Teamsters it is being played up to be. This guy over-promised and under-delivered. .75cents raise for years 2 & 3? That's worse than the last garbage contract. Considering all the tough-talk by SOB, he went in like a Lion and came out like a pusillanimous cat.
The proposed contract provides for $7.50 in raises over the 5 year period. Does it really matter how the $7.50 is divided?

They front loaded the contract to try to ease some of the inflation burden and back loaded it to sweeten the pot going in to 2028. $.75/yr for Years 2 and 3 and $1/yr for Year 4 are typical raises. They could have just as easily decided to go $1.50/yr for each of the 5 years. I don't recall ever receiving an annual raise in excess of $1/hr and most certainly never received a $2.75/yr raise in any year of any contract.

The initial proposal had much smaller raises which were going to be split for each of the 5 years.

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The proposed contract provides for $7.50 in raises over the 5 year period. Does it really matter how the $7.50 is divided?

They front loaded the contract to try to ease some of the inflation burden and back loaded it to sweeten the pot going in to 2028. $.75/yr for Years 2 and 3 and $1/yr for Year 4 are typical raises. They could have just as easily decided to go $1.50/yr for each of the 5 years. I don't recall ever receiving an annual raise in excess of $1/hr and most certainly never received a $2.75/yr raise in any year of any contract.

The initial proposal had much smaller raises which were going to be split for each of the 5 years.
Yeah, year one is a great raise for sure, but it came at the expense of years 2, 3 and 4. I kind of view the first year raise as a thank you for working through the pandemic and not getting jack squat for it. Honestly, even before Covid and Bidenflation, the raises built into the last contract were pretty mediocre, especially considering they were increasing new hire pay through the contract. In 2023, this contract shouldn't have had ANY year below $1 and even that is pretty low considering how EVERYTHING is crazy expensive today. So .75 cents for two straight years in 2024 and 2025 is 💩. I can't imagine SOB went in and said "we demand .75c raise for two of the 3 years middle years!"😆The company throws in the white towel......you got it, SOB.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, year one is a great raise for sure, but it came at the expense of years 2, 3 and 4. I kind of view the first year raise as a thank you for working through the pandemic and not getting jack squat for it. Honestly, even before Covid and Bidenflation, the raises built into the last contract were pretty mediocre, especially considering they were increasing new hire pay through the contract. In 2023, this contract shouldn't have had ANY year below $1 and even that is pretty low considering how EVERYTHING is crazy expensive today. So .75 cents for two straight years in 2024 and 2025 is 💩. I can't imagine SOB went in and said "we demand .75c raise for two of the 3 years middle years!"😆The company throws in the white towel......you got it, SOB.
Is it the Company's responsibility to ensure that their employees' base pay allows them to keep up with inflation? Isn't that what COLA raises, which the majority of hourly employees at other companies do not receive, are for? Inflation is slowly on the way back down to more reasonable levels----should those hourlies who received COLA be expected to pay some of that back?

$7.50/hr over 5 years is more than adequate, especially for non-skilled labor.

Knuckle Dragger

Bwhahaaa, they already got the 51% needed to pass it. Vote your mind. It doesn’t count anyway. Welcome to mail in voting.I hear Hoffa Sr. I’ll ready voted yes.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Is it the Company's responsibility to ensure that their employees' base pay allows them to keep up with inflation? Isn't that what COLA raises, which the majority of hourly employees at other companies do not receive, are for? Inflation is slowly on the way back down to more reasonable levels----should those hourlies who received COLA be expected to pay some of that back?

I wish that you wouldn’t keep repeating that our membership as (non-skilled).

Face it, the main reason that our members go into management Is because that knew they couldn’t do it long term. Either physically or mentally, a degree doesn’t guarantee anything anymore. Seriously what skill level is required to become an executive, we all know the game.

Do you personally believe that you were unskilled before your retirement?

I was classified as an unskilled position for decades…it is used to divide and demean our membership when one classification is favored or paid more than others just because they are a majority.

“Equal pay for Equal Work” should be the ultimate goal, right now that is just a joke.

O’Brien and his team made done improvements in this TA, and kept his initial promises. But again as usual some of our members will be left behind because of the previous Political in fighting associated with the Union’s (business of doing business) policies of appeasement.

For years the Company was playing (Chess) when are Union Leaders were still playing (Checkers).

MIX_MASTER_ICE

That is your opinion and I wouldn't fault you for it, but all factors considered I don't agree. Especially when years 2 and 3 rasies are LESS than the last contract. When I first read the break-down of the rasies by year, I thought it had to be a mistake. No way we would get less money on any given year this contract compared to the last......but that really is the dealio.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish that you wouldn’t keep repeating that our membership as (non-skilled).

Face it, the main reason that our members go into management Is because that knew they couldn’t do it long term. Either physically or mentally, a degree doesn’t guarantee anything anymore. Seriously what skill level is required to become an executive, we all know the game.

Do you personally believe that you were unskilled before your retirement?

I was classified as an unskilled position for decades…it is used to divide and demean our membership when one classification is favored or paid more than others just because they are a majority.

“Equal pay for Equal Work” should be the ultimate goal, right now that is just a joke.

O’Brien and his team made done improvements in this TA, and kept his initial promises. But again as usual some of our members will be left behind because of the previous Political in fighting associated with the Union’s (business of doing business) policies of appeasement.

For years the Company was playing (Chess) when are Union Leaders were still playing (Checkers).
I had a Peak helper who became a FT driver and now runs “my” route. I was one of those guys who actually took the time to train my helpers on the DIAD. By the end of day 1 he was delivering resis on his own. By day 2 he was doing non-COD business stops. By the end of his first week he was delivering a multi-stop medical office building while I delivered the other.

My point? Other than a strong work ethic, sound planning and logical thinking, there are no special skills required to deliver QVC to hoarders.

While I would like to think that I was one of the better drivers, at the end of the day ours is unskilled labor.

Brown Down

It's scary how many people think raises are supposed to cover inflation. If it were we wouldn't have cola language at all. It really does amaze me how people live with little to no common sense, and 0 crititcal reasoning skills.

Thebrownblob

It's scary how many people think raises are supposed to cover inflation. If it were we wouldn't have cola language at all. It really does amaze me how people live with little to no common sense, and 0 crititcal reasoning skills.
What? You mean we shouldn’t be getting an eight dollar raise August 1? But Muh inflation😂

Brown Down

What? You mean we shouldn’t be getting an eight dollar raise August 1? But Muh inflation😂
exactly. the best way it was explained to me by financial experts is there's 2 forms of inflation. You have the standard where the cup of coffee cost .25 cents 50 years ago and now cost's 2.50(non starbucks crap) thats the general buying power that we lose and thats exactly what raises are for(as well as increasing what our value is to the company). transitory inflation is what we are dealing with now at 8 percent or so and thats where cola's come in. We don't get them every year because inflation needs to be at a certain percent. He said if you wonder if you're gonna get a cola raise just see if they raised SS. If they got one then more than likely so will we.