Voting no

The company desperately caved last minute and doesn’t want a strike. If we vote no they will immediately offer a better contract before letting us strike.
I felt the Union caved in at the last minute. Didn't want to touch that $350 million strike fund. How much interest a month does that bring into Union coffers?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Definitely does not and we likely won't strike even with a no vote at this point. Tough for Sean to authorize a strike after agreeing to terms and endorsing the deal. So what's the leverage. We probably just work under this contract with no raise.
1690604940298.gif

You get a retro!!! You get a retro!!! They get a retro!!! She gets a retro!!! Everyone gets a RETRO!!!!

twotwofour

the company caved because they saw the support we had both public and politically. Can you honestly say that we will still have public support when we reject a 30 billion offer, with alot of non economic wins, with very few if any(alot of them are matters of opinion) losses. i'd bet money we'd move backwards on some issues just to squeeze a few more dollars out of them. Don't get me wrong this contract isn't perfect, but it is very very good accross the board. Are you willing to risk very very good for a roll of the dice and a possible ok contract with concessions?
This contract has nothing to do with public opinion. The public doesn’t know how much PT even make, let alone care.
The only “public” that matters are customers. UPS doesn’t want thousands of businesses to walk away if we strike that that they will never get back. It will never be the same company again.

Under no circumstance can UPS let a strike happen. The only reason they stopped negotiating with SOB was because they didn’t want to give up the entire farm. They went from a lowball pay cut to substantial improvements. SOB pulled the trigger because he’s a boomer and thinks there should be “give and take”, and the contract should be both respectable and modest and “good enough” is good enough.

Thebrownblob

This contract has nothing to do with public opinion. The public doesn’t know how much PT even make, let alone care.
The only “public” that matters are customers. UPS doesn’t want thousands of businesses to walk away if we strike that that they will never get back. It will never be the same company again.

Under no circumstance can UPS let a strike happen. The only reason they stopped negotiating with SOB was because they didn’t want to give up the entire farm. They went from a lowball pay cut to substantial improvements. SOB pulled the trigger because he’s a boomer and thinks there should be “give and take”, and the contract should be both respectable and modest and “good enough” is good enough.
Sean O’Brien is a boomer? Why are you so stupid? Do you have any self-respect? Because you sound like an ignoramus. Most likely because you are one, but that’s beside the point.

twotwofour

Sean O’Brien is a boomer? Why are you so stupid? Do you have any self-respect? Because you sound like an ignoramus. Most likely because you are one, but that’s beside the point.
Any wage increase that doesn’t match inflation is a pay cut. But its hard for old people to wrap their heads around that.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Any wage increase that doesn’t match inflation is a pay cut. But its hard for old people to wrap their heads around that.
We literally got 2 inflation wage increases the last 2 years, on top of our raises.
Stop acting like an idiot.

If you don't like your pay, LEAVE
You'll be replaced in half a second !!!!!

Brown Down

And clearly you are clueless. We had public support in 97. We have it right now. I've actually talked to some of my customers that I' know have seen what the ta included and they agreed the general public would more than likely turn on on us if we vote this down.
And that can and will help break a strike. That's not opinion that's fact.
That's not what raises are for. We have cola increases for inflation. It's economics 101.
If voting no gave us a better contract couldn't we just vote no forever?
Exactly. Some of these young guys have lost the ability to use critical thinking and reasoning it's scary. Literally a generation that could burn water.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
At a lower pay rate.
As long as they're contributing to my pension, I DON'T CARE
The longer you're here, the more opportunities you get, and more money you make.
That's irrefutable no matter what you AO-MEs and Bernie Panders think.

Don't like the union pay and benefits, go back out the door you came in.
There will be a line of applicants you'll pass by

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lmao because to the kids everyone over 30 is a boomer. I’ve been called a boomer before…sorry dude, that’s my dad. I’ve missed the boomer squad by 20 years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As long as they're contributing to my pension, I DON'T CARE
The longer you're here, the more opportunities you get, and more money you make.
That's irrefutable no matter what you AO-MEs and Bernie Panders think.

Don't like the union pay and benefits, go back out the door you came in.
There will be a line of applicants you'll pass by
Heff is fired up… 🔥 🔥 🔥

RTS313

I felt the Union caved in at the last minute. Didn't want to touch that $350 million strike fund. How much interest a month does that bring into Union coffers?
High interest rates in US treasury past 2 years Union could have several hundred thousands dollars if invested