Warning letter process

By The Book

I think it's on your locals agenda now and will be discussed with other items that are piling up. Call and talk to your business agent. It's just a warning letter so relax.

tiredofbrown123

i had a late air on wed the 8th exactly 10 days ago. no mention of it or any meeting whatsoever the 9th and 10th.and i was on vacation this week. today on sunday the 18th i recieved a warning letter in the mail that states that i was present in a meeting along with a shop steward and we discussed it. but that never happened. so, maybe i cant do anything about it but thats just proof that they are liars.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i had a late air on wed the 8th exactly 10 days ago. no mention of it or any meeting whatsoever the 9th and 10th.and i was on vacation this week. today on sunday the 18th i recieved a warning letter in the mail that states that i was present in a meeting along with a shop steward and we discussed it. but that never happened. so, maybe i cant do anything about it but thats just proof that they are liars.

Sounds like they have a generic form in the computer and change the names and dates as needed. File based on the fact that the letter contains inaccurate information and the W/L will be thrown out.

Grieve it. Keep a paper trail going always.

tiredofbrown123

well, im a new driver and only know like 3 routes. so i should not have run any ground. i should have ran straight air and then straight businesses i guess. im not gonna lie im not very good at going out in the blind. i may end up getting fired anyway. i really hope not because i really need this job.

well, im a new driver and only know like 3 routes. so i should not have run any ground. i should have ran straight air and then straight businesses i guess. im not gonna lie im not very good at going out in the blind. i may end up getting fired anyway. i really hope not because i really need this job.
They just want something on you. Trying to squeeze one more drop of blood out of you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that if you "really need this job" you would do everything that you could to keep it.

What makes you think that you may end up getting fired anyway?

tiredofbrown123

thanks, but what can i do? im not very good at reading maps esp on a roural route where a business may be 5 miles away from each other. i dont have time to stop 3 times and look at the map lol

Z

ZQXC

new driver, and your name is tiredofbrown.....
doesn't bode well

31 years, and I'm sick of brown

tiredofbrown123

i am gonna do everything i can. my plan is to run straight air and then straight businesses until im comfortable. i need more expierience. im not sure if thats a good plan or not but they wont train me on any routes.

tiredofbrown123

lol it was a bad choice i guess. ive been with the company 14yrs and when i got on here i was mad because they disqualified me over a lie the first time. i had to qualify again 4 months later after it was discovered they lied about a package being on my truck. they said i just didnt want to deliver. but two people wrote statements against them and it was proven they lied.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are unsure if you can get all of your air off while delivering ground then you should run straight air only. If you have late air while running straight air there is not much, if anything, that they can do to you.

Going out blind on a route is tough. If you know on Friday what route you will be running on Monday ask for a printout of the delivery records for that route, take that and plot out the way that the bid driver ran the route. Come to work early on Monday and request a manifest for that area, find a quiet place in the building and sit down and plan your route for the day. I would also suggest taking one of the weekend days and driving in your personal vehicle to familiarize yourself with the area but if you are on a rural route that could be a lot of miles and gas.

Worry about getting your airs off on time for now----the rest will fall in to place over time.

Z

ZQXC

i am gonna do everything i can. my plan is to run straight air and then straight businesses until im comfortable. i need more expierience. im not sure if thats a good plan or not but they wont train me on any routes.

It may not be the best plan, but it will keep you out of trouble, and that makes it a good plan for now. As you gain experience, you will become more comfortable with what you can accomplish during your commit window.

Don't worry about being a newbie, 31 years goes by..............
very, very slowly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

lol it was a bad choice i guess. ive been with the company 14yrs and when i got on here i was mad because they disqualified me over a lie the first time. i had to qualify again 4 months later after it was discovered they lied about a package being on my truck. they said i just didnt want to deliver. but two people wrote statements against them and it was proven they lied.

Sounds like they didn't want you to qualify.