Washington Redskins change their name

tourists24

I bet FSU forced this guy to pose for this picture against his will. Wonder how many of the football players even have Seminole blood in them. Obviously poking fun of the Seminole tribe and need to drop the name too

MAKAVELI

must not be too many teams out there that think this would be a good mascot to associate with pride and honor
I don't know of any Native American tribes called Redskins. Why you would think a racial epithet is associated with pride and honor is beyond me.

MAKAVELI

I bet FSU forced this guy to pose for this picture against his will. Wonder how many of the football players even have Seminole blood in them. Obviously poking fun of the Seminole tribe and need to drop the name too
Just to be clear the FSU team name is the Seminoles, correct? An actual tribe native to the area and not a racial slur.

tourists24

I don't know of any Native American tribes called Redskins. Why you would think a racial epithet is associated with pride and honor is beyond me.
because its not one that's why. You make it one. People with nothing better to do than find something to get offended at do. The Washington Redskins have never been out to disgrace any race, esp with the origin of the name of the team to begin with. It isn't any different now just because some people want it to be.

MAKAVELI

because its not one that's why. You make it one. People with nothing better to do than find something to get offended at do. The Washington Redskins have never been out to disgrace any race, esp with the origin of the name of the team to begin with. It isn't any different now just because some people want it to be.
That's probably the same argument racists use for the n word.

tourists24

200px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png
oh my,,,,, Cleveland hates native americans too

tourists24

None, just like there is no honkeys, or crackers or any other racial epithet. Except ones that are towards native Americans seam to be acceptable to you.
I don't really care either way a team wants to name themselves. Organizations name their clubs with mascots to identify themselves. If they feel a name is derogatory they wont name themselves that. Pretty simple philosophy.

tourists24

Id say if so many people are offended they wont associate themselves with that team at all. Seems that would make them change the name pretty quick doesn't it. Oh wait, that doesn't happen though does it? PSSSST,,, wanna know why? They don't find it offensive

MAKAVELI

Id say if so many people are offended they wont associate themselves with that team at all. Seems that would make them change the name pretty quick doesn't it. Oh wait, that doesn't happen though does it? PSSSST,,, wanna know why? They don't find it offensive
I guess the native American people don't matter to you .The ones you claim they are honoring. Seems to me it's more about $ for Snyder than anything else.

tourists24

I guess the native American people don't matter to you .The ones you claim they are honoring. Seems to me it's more about $ for Snyder than anything else.
only certain ones.... Our high school is the Warriors and has gone through similar fights with only the local figureheads having the issues. A high school Cherokee kid I ran cross country with was the mascot.... More about politics