Washington Redskins change their name

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ok , how's this for a good new name....
Washington Foreskins ?

Good one. The name needs to be changed because times have changed. What was acceptable 50 years ago no longer works today. Our society and laws evolve accordingly. How about the Washington Whores? That way it will accurately reflect upon Congress.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was in line at the grocery store today, the guy two people ahead of me was quoting Satchel Paige to the clerk, and said Negro Leagues in the course of the conversation. The customer between me and him was an African American lady. The cashier proceeded to apologize profusely to the lady after the guy walked away.

It was called the Negro Leagues. There is no other name for it. There is a Negro Leagues museum, it is a part of our history. When she started to check me out she started to talk to me about it, I tried to set her straight about the history of the segregation and eventual integration of Major League Baseball, Moses Walker to Jackie Robinson etc. She was just so taken back with the use of the word "negro", even though in the context of the Negro Leagues I'm not sure any other term would have been accurate.

Race is a touchy subject considering our country's past, but the guilt and political correctness sometimes gets ridiculous.
At one time, "negro" was considered to be the appropriate, non-racist term for black people. "Negro" is nothing more than an Americanization of the Spanish word for the color "black."

My grandmother, who was not racist, was taught to use the term "colored" in the 40's and 50's, and the NAACP stands for the "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People."

At some point in the 60's or 70's, the appropriate term became "black" which is what I was taught growing up.

Now it is "African American" which may be incorrect depending upon the nationality and ancestry of the person involved.

I wish we could come up with an accurate, non-offensive and easy to pronounce term that would be PERMANENT. I always liked "black" because it was simple and easy to pronounce with only one syllable.

oldngray

nowhere special

moreluck

golden ticket member
149961_600.jpg

wkmac

So the debate rages about the name of Redskins for the Washington NFL football team and both sides can't seem to agree. However I think I have a solution that maybe the screamers on bothsides may not agree but most of the average folk across the land already at least feel this way and fully reflects that vision.

Washington needing a mascot that reflects the city itself and how the rest of America sees it, therefore from here on the NFL franchise in Washington will be known as the Moronic :censored2:s!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like a bunch of us said.....it's only a matter of time.

I’m offended by liberalism, can I sue the DNC to ban it?

Via NBC News:

Amid the controversy surrounding the Washington Redskins’ team name, some Native American groups hope public outcry turns toward a different team’s symbol, more than 300 miles to the northwest: Chief Wahoo, the bright red, wide-grinning face of the Cleveland Indians baseball team.

“It’s been offensive since day one,” Robert Roche, a Chiricahua Apache and longtime opponent of the Indians’ team name and logo, told NBC News. “We are not mascots. My children are not mascots. We are people.”

Roche said his group, People Not Mascots, is preparing to file a federal lawsuit against the Indians over the team name and logo. He expects the suit to be filed by the end of July.

The Cleveland Indians declined to comment to NBC News.

Groups like People Not Mascots hope that new pressure will be applied to the Indians following last Wednesday’s decision by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which stripped the Redskins of its trademark and declared the team name to be “a racial slur.”