What is President Bush Responsible for?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would to hear anyone from the "right" tell us what they think President Bush should be held accountable for?

Where was the country when he left office?

Tell us.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would to hear anyone from the "right" tell us what they think President Bush should be held accountable for?

Tell us.

Peace.
Gee, somewhere around 6% unemployment....gas at $1.85 gal.
When it comes to the President, the buck always stops at his desk. If you are going to bring up war.....remember the almost complete bi-partisan agreement to go to war.

The "man in charge" is just that. Obama is a blame man.....what's next? Blame it on the Bosa Nova?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Usually the sitting president chooses a VP to continue onto be coming the next president.
It doesn't always work out to be true.
Bush's choice of VP allowed for an open race in 2008.
Honestly did bhos choose any better with Biden ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Usually the sitting president chooses a VP to continue onto be coming the next president.
It doesn't always work out to be true.
Bush's choice of VP allowed for an open race in 2008.
Honestly did bhos choose any better with Biden ?

Obama made the perfect veep choice if he wanted a bumbling idiot to hang on to every word the pres. speaks and do his bidding with no questions asked!!

bbsam

Staff member
Gee, somewhere around 6% unemployment....gas at $1.85 gal.
When it comes to the President, the buck always stops at his desk. If you are going to bring up war.....remember the almost complete bi-partisan agreement to go to war.

The "man in charge" is just that. Obama is a blame man.....what's next? Blame it on the Bosa Nova?
Is that how Bachmann plans to get us back to $2.00/gal. gasoline?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Pic Of The Day: Joe Biden Continues To Make America Proud…
US Vice President Joe Biden (R) gestures to a Mongolian wrestler during a mini Naadam staged in his honor in Ulan Bator, Mongolia on August 22, 2011. (AFP Photo)

P

pickup

The country was just south of some country , the name of which escapes me, north of Mexico and stuck between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

Just checked Google Earth and the United States is still exactly where it was then.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What you see on this thread is exactly whats wrong with right wing supporters. They run from the truth, they attack the other side to avoid having to admit they were WRONG for 8 years and are WRONG again in 2012.

You all want to live in a BUSHTOPIA atmosphere as if the mans leadership helped America prosper and become a better place. So many things went wrong under the leadership of Bush and the Republican congress its not even funny.

Where is BUSH today? Why if he was such a great leader for you, does he have to hide out of the campaign highlights?

Why isnt he coming on tv and supporting candidates or the right wing idealogy?

Why is he still so TOXIC, that he cant show his face in public if he did such a wonderful job as president?

People like moreluck, despite being told over and over, shown undisputed facts on BUSH'S unemployment record, continues to say that Bush's unemployment was "around" 6%.???

IT WAS 7.8% on January 31 2009. AN increase of 3.8% higher than when he took office. Where was GDP when he left office?? Oh yeah, negative 1%. Where was the national debt? Oh yeah, 10.7 trillion and growing.

You all want to evade these facts and place the blame solely on Obama. Not one of you has the juevos to list anything that Bush should be held accountable for. Thats pathetic.

Peace.

brett636

What you see on this thread is exactly whats wrong with right wing supporters. They run from the truth, they attack the other side to avoid having to admit they were WRONG for 8 years and are WRONG again in 2012.

You all want to live in a BUSHTOPIA atmosphere as if the mans leadership helped America prosper and become a better place. So many things went wrong under the leadership of Bush and the Republican congress its not even funny.

Where is BUSH today? Why if he was such a great leader for you, does he have to hide out of the campaign highlights?

Why isnt he coming on tv and supporting candidates or the right wing idealogy?

Why is he still so TOXIC, that he cant show his face in public if he did such a wonderful job as president?

People like moreluck, despite being told over and over, shown undisputed facts on BUSH'S unemployment record, continues to say that Bush's unemployment was "around" 6%.???

IT WAS 7.8% on January 31 2009. AN increase of 3.8% higher than when he took office. Where was GDP when he left office?? Oh yeah, negative 1%. Where was the national debt? Oh yeah, 10.7 trillion and growing.

You all want to evade these facts and place the blame solely on Obama. Not one of you has the juevos to list anything that Bush should be held accountable for. Thats pathetic.

Peace.

Something tells me you had this written out before you even posted this thread. You didn't want to hear anybody's opinion on Bush except your own.

Now I do give Bush credit for a few things, some good and some bad. He did an excellent job of keeping this country safe after our sense of security was shattered on 9-11. He did what was necessary to keep terrorists from attacking our country again and he was successful at that. I also credit him for the tax cuts and the prosperity that they brought this country before Carter's housing mess collapsed. Whether you want to admit or not the tax cuts created jobs and raised tax revenue for the federal government.

The bad is he was a big spender, nearly as bad as a liberal. He could have been a better steward of our fiscal house, but he wasn't because his focus was on the political future of him and his party and not the fiscal health of this nation. I never thought another President could have been as bad or worse than him on spending, but I was wrong as Obama has already outspent Bush and every president before him combined. Bush may not have been our greatest leader, but he sure was many times better than the one we have now.

Something tells me you had this written out before you even posted this thread. You didn't want to hear anybody's opinion on Bush except your own.

Now I do give Bush credit for a few things, some good and some bad. He did an excellent job of keeping this country safe after our sense of security was shattered on 9-11. He did what was necessary to keep terrorists from attacking our country again and he was successful at that. I also credit him for the tax cuts and the prosperity that they brought this country before Carter's housing mess collapsed. Whether you want to admit or not the tax cuts created jobs and raised tax revenue for the federal government.

The bad is he was a big spender, nearly as bad as a liberal. He could have been a better steward of our fiscal house, but he wasn't because his focus was on the political future of him and his party and not the fiscal health of this nation. I never thought another President could have been as bad or worse than him on spending, but I was wrong as Obama has already outspent Bush and every president before him combined. Bush may not have been our greatest leader, but he sure was many times better than the one we have now.

Good post, the bold highlighted sentence is exactly why this my only post here.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Tell us.

Peace.

I blame him for getting the voters in such a disgusted mood that they elected the totally befuddled, clueless nitwit in the White House now.

Just goes to show the saying, "It can't get any worse!" is usually followed by worse.

bbsam

Staff member
I blame him for getting the voters in such a disgusted mood that they elected the totally befuddled, clueless nitwit in the White House now.

Just goes to show the saying, "It can't get any worse!" is usually followed by worse.
then are we to believe that no republican nominee could be worse than Obama?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
actually that is the exact opposite of what he said.
I don't think he's arguing with Hoax, I think he's addressing the sentiment (which I've heard expressed on this board) that any republican nominee would be better than Obama.

wkmac

I don't think he's arguing with Hoax, I think he's addressing the sentiment (which I've heard expressed on this board) that any republican nominee would be better than Obama.

I also read it one step further (the sentiment thinking) in that had McCain been elected, life as we know it would be vastly better and quite frankly there is no real proof of that IMO either way. In fact, looking at how much and in so many ways Obama mirrors Bush policy and that McCain likely would not venture too far afield either, I doubt seriously the core nature of what we face would be that much different. McCain "might" have made us feel better giving the illusion things are better (not unlike Bush in some respects) but like psycho-tropic drugs, the effects feel wonderful but the reality below the surface is still the same and at some point you'll come off the high and have to face it all!

Strategy may differ but down to it's core, neither party ventures very far at all from each other. The trick is maintaining the illusion that they do. A case in point might be a Ron Paul, Ralph Nader or Dennis Kucinich. Clearly these men and their ideas are a big if not vast departure from the typical meat and potatoes of American party politics. It's also why they are never given much consideration when they do run for larger office. Maintain the narrative or you are out.

BTW Jones: In another post you mentioned Huntsman. Saw this and thought you might find worth while. Salon had an interview last week with Lady de Rothschild who cause a stir in 08' by abandoning the DNC and her position on the board to back McCain in protest over Obama. In the interview she fully backs Huntsman and has been fund raising on his behalf. Huntsman may be another who is saying what he thinks rather than the script and thus will join the above mentioned 3 as also rans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Life with McCain better? I guess we'll never know , and speculating is just a longer word than dreaming. The reality is Obama is pres. If someone is dissatisfied with pres. Then voting for someone else is the only option. I never consider the third option of not voting.......that's doing nothing.