What is the job of porter?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Was running a shuttle to a center really in the boonies many years ago, first time i ever heard of a porter. They had a washer dryer setup and one of his duties was washing browns.
They couldn’t pay me enough…..well, maybe.

badpal

They couldn’t pay me enough…..well, maybe.
But the topic kinda got me thinking, are thier any places that still get outside laundry service? Remember 40 years ago leaving your browns in a barrel and they picked up and brought back cleaned and pressed. Of course those were the days you couldn't wear your full uniform too and from work.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
But the topic kinda got me thinking, are thier any places that still get outside laundry service? Remember 40 years ago leaving your browns in a barrel and they picked up and brought back cleaned and pressed. Of course those were the days you couldn't wear your full uniform too and from work.
I don’t go back that far. 1990 was my beginning. High and tight, clean and wrinkle free, clean shaven. Back when service mattered.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

They have an account with a local dry cleaner we can use. For some reason it covers every uniform item except the shirts. Those are out of pocket. Of course nobody really uses it much anyway.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
No macarels?
IMG_5319.jpeg

I wasn’t in long enough to see what they used. I believe it’s instant ramen here from what this coworker stated. Had to have a mandatory 20 soups saved, lol.