What is the worst stop on your route?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They hate it when you walk in the front door.
I covered a walgreens for a week that didn't have a back door or dock. I came in the front door and asked where the stock room was. The girl at the counter said the regular guy usually just stacks everything by the register. I was pretty shocked.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I covered a walgreens for a week that didn't have a back door or dock. I came in the front door and asked where the stock room was. The girl at the counter said the regular guy usually just stacks everything by the register. I was pretty shocked.

I deliver their NDA only and they don't seem to realize that they are but one of as many as 12 stops I need to deliver in 45 minutes (or less).

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I deliver their NDA only and they don't seem to realize that they are but one of as many as 12 stops I need to deliver in 45 minutes (or less).
Most people know how hard we work, but not too many realize the time constraints your under with getting that 10:30 air off.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Mine was CVS with the magazine delivers every week 10 boxes and picking up 10 boxes the next day. But the company went under, I always wonder how the company made money, I guess they weren't. Life has been a lot easier the last 2 weeks.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I wish I only had 12. When I drove rural/industrial I averaged 8-14 but now with a city run I'm over 20. I hit 23 the other day with less than a minute to spare. Had I been held up by an elevator or traffic light...late air.

By The Book

Yeah, I guess technically I could count that as "Not In" since no one is there to open it. But getting out is often a problem too.
If its a commercial stop sheet clo1, save the ni1 for the residential stops. You may get a message to go back, but you did attempt delivery the first time, just remember to sheet them and stop complete. You might go to the front and arrange to have them buzz you in after you check in with them. It might help you get in as soon as you buzz the gate.

By The Book

My worst stop would be an apt that really smells when they open the door and it hits you. It almost feels like it puts a bubble around you, and I made this one a driver release.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
23 NDAs??? Craziness.
Not 23 NDAs, 23 stops. It's usually 40ish pieces of NDA--usually smalls like envelopes, but sometimes big boxes like the other day I had 3 40LB NDA printers going to the 26th FLR so I had to use a handtruck and they don't allow handtrucks on the passenger elevators so I had to wait for the damn freight elevator forever.

On 2 city blocks or what? :D
Pretty much. Once I get on area all the air is within like 6 blocks in various office buildings, but it's traffic, traffic lights, walk signals, sorting out the air and getting up and down the elevators. When I was a cover guy I ran a couple routes where I'd had 15 air stops spread across an entire rural town after driving 25 minutes from the center and that was easier because there was very little traffic and you could just hop out of the truck, drop and go.

I prefer the industrial routes for air where you can drop off 1-3 residential airs then do most of the rest on trace while delivering ground in industrial parks/streets.

I'm starting to get the hang of this city crap and it's not always s 20+ air stops. One day last week it was 17, one day 21, etc.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My worst stop would be an apt that really smells when they open the door and it hits you. It almost feels like it puts a bubble around you, and I made this one a driver release.

The other day I walked past a dumpster in front of an apartment building in the ghetto and I involuntarily gagged when I got slammed in the face with a decomposing rancid smell that just permeated the air. I looked over at the garbage can at the curb and maggots were all over the thing.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Mine was CVS with the magazine delivers every week 10 boxes and picking up 10 boxes the next day. But the company went under, I always wonder how the company made money, I guess they weren't. Life has been a lot easier the last 2 weeks.
I used to hate the heavy small boxes of books to stop & shop & cvs. Was it Readerlink? Was red & black on a brown cardboard box. Fortunately I don't have any CVS or Stop & Shop on my new route.

Pooter

No offense but that route sounds brutal techie :)

I'm sure it's not too bad when you get used to it but as a swing driver I hate just reading about it. Lol

mdnj88

I have 18+ air stops everyday as high as 25-28 sometimes. 30+ pieces. We start 0850 I pull out 0910, first stop 925. Most of my air is wholesale and usually my first 20 stops anyway. So I never really have trouble getting air off. By 1030 I have 25-30 stops done with 175+ pieces.