What is your guess for MIP?

sosocal

plenty of speculation and historical analysis - now just throw down your best guess - ....it's just a guess...I t doesn;t even require commentary. again, I cam calling 2.95

Popeye

I rest my case.

UPS just announced a change to the accounting method for the Managementt pension plan that will adjusted the earnings per share down by $0.41 for the year. With that "gift", you just missed the "Growth in consolidated adjusted earnings per share (EPS)" element. for the year.

Yeah, if I just had worked harder and smarter I could have avoided my poor performance on pension accounting. I deserve to have my compensation reduced for not thinking of this last January and doing something about it.

UPSIndiana

As usual, the lower level supervisors and managers get the shaft again. With "skipping" the three months of MIP in late 2010, and no increase in MIP this year, I figure we're out 1.5 months as supervisors and 3.0 as managers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As usual, the lower level supervisors and managers get the shaft again. With "skipping" the three months of MIP in late 2010, and no increase in MIP this year, I figure we're out 1.5 months as supervisors and 3.0 as managers.
Not that bad.
You'll get shafted much worse.
I don't bother with MIP much. Nothing you can do about it ... It is what it is.

When they said 1.9 or rather 95%, I was like say wha? I cannot beleive that after the peak we had we only get 95%. I know everyone was giving 150% during peak. This is crazy!! But then again, I guess the missing percentage will be applied to the LTIP factor.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When they said 1.9 or rather 95%, I was like say wha? I cannot beleive that after the peak we had we only get 95%. I know everyone was giving 150% during peak. This is crazy!! But then again, I guess the missing percentage will be applied to the LTIP factor.
What about us? We gave 150%, too.

pretzel_man

Not that bad.
You'll get shafted much worse.
I don't bother with MIP much. Nothing you can do about it ... It is what it is.

Hoax,

You have been around as long as me. Maybe a little longer.

How many years did you work before you saw a 1.5 MIP, let alone a 1.9?

I don't recall cruising at work. I thought we worked pretty hard. I don't recall people thinking a 1.9 was getting the shaft....

Of course I know the forumla was set and objective. Times change and so did MIP.

Why do we think managers today deserve a larger factor than what was received 30 years ago?

I know I will regret posting this.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax,

I don't recall cruising at work. I thought we worked pretty hard. I don't recall people thinking a 1.9 was getting the shaft....

Of course I know the forumla was set and objective. Times change and so did MIP.

Why do we think managers today deserve a larger factor than what was received 30 years ago?

NP...my reply was a bit cryptic.

My post was not about the MIP and was basically suggesting the other poster to quit worrying about things he/she has no control over. It is what it is.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Hoax,

Of course I know the formula was set and objective. Times change and so did MIP.

The purpose of business is to make profits.

Management's role is to guide the company and its people in achieving this goal.

MIP used to be based upon profits.

15% of profits was dedicated to MIP.

Record profits would have resulted in record MIP in the past.

Record profits now equal mediocre MIP.

Those who are penalized for poor results should also be equally rewarded for positive results.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The purpose of business is to make profits.

Management's role is to guide the company and its people in achieving this goal.

MIP used to be based upon profits.

15% of profits was dedicated to MIP.

Record profits would have resulted in record MIP in the past.

Record profits now equal mediocre MIP.

Those who are penalized for poor results should also be equally rewarded for positive results.

Those times have passed and there is nothing you can do about.
You can either adapt or continue being bitter.

DS

Fenderbender
I feel for you guys,I see the crap my management team goes through and at times I feel content in my world as an overworked service provider.
Hoax no matter what they tell you,it's never really "what it is"
It's what they make it.

beentheredonethat

Hoax,

Pretzel..

How many times in the past did they say. You know what guys.. we are going to skip giving you MIP for a qtr. So that 1.9 you are saying that is pretty good, is the equivalent to a 1.5 (for 4 qtrs). Also, in the past it was a straight formula (Total Profits *.15)/ ((sum of supv monthly salary)+(sum of Mgrs Monthly salary)*2).. If we had low profits it affected MIP. If we had a lot of "partners" it affected MIP. We are making record profits and utilizing much lower number of mgmt folks. How many times in the past did mgmt pay for HW while the hourlies didn't? How many times in the past did they say to new mgmt. Sorry, we aren't giving you the same pension we gave the other mgmt folks. How many times in the past, did they say.. hmm you new guys (circa 1990) the HW for your pension is going to be reduced by a factor of 4 vs old timers.

The running joke is watch out.. it's time for mgmt to get enhanced again. Enhance is now a 4 letter word.