What is your opinion of this situation?

Alleycar

Just walked in the door. There was no coverage for my pkg route today, so I didn't have to do the feeder run tonight. Talked to the steward this morning. He told me the company has the last say on the personal days. Work as directed. Now I know. I'm very thankful that I will be able to enjoy the entire day tomorrow. Thanks for all the input and thoughts. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

By The Book

Just walked in the door. There was no coverage for my pkg route today, so I didn't have to do the feeder run tonight. Talked to the steward this morning. He told me the company has the last say on the personal days. Work as directed. Now I know. I'm very thankful that I will be able to enjoy the entire day tomorrow. Thanks for all the input and thoughts. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Sure, good

brown67

I did package/feeders for 3 1/2 years. Your job is to cover vacations for the feeder drivers in your building. If they needed a Friday off then I would cover it. Work Thursday in packages, and come back Friday evening to cover Feeder run. Not fun, but that's your your job.

The only time I would say no is if a driver wanted Monday off. If I worked Monday night and got off early Tuesday then I couldn't work in packages on Tuesday, because I needed 10 hours off.

The couple of times they asked me to cover a Monday, I would tell them I would only cover it if they paid me 8 hours for being off Tuesday.