what new york center is this??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by coldworld, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

looks like a ups center shown throughout this video....[video=youtube;VqTfTsZVPMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VqTfTsZVPMM[/video]

2. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

All i saw was the truck on the side of the street at the end of the video. If its within the city though I think that would be 43rd St. Building.

3. rod

rod retired and happy

When I was in NY a few years ago it seemed to me that there was a UPS truck (or 3) parked on every street

4. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Im sure it was. I cant imagine delivering up there. Im sure they are guys who deliver to a couple high rise buildings and then do pickups in the same buildings and thats their whole day.

5. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

that's the facility at houston street in lower manhattan. . I think they call it the houston street center. I will look it up later. I've been there a few times and i recognize it . I have also been to the 43rd street building (about 2 miles north of the houston street facility) and those building and streets in the vid don't evoke any memories of the 43rd street building.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Was I the only who muted the video less than 5 seconds after starting to watch it?

7. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

That's what happens when you are turning 50....most music hurts your ears. Try a polka!

8. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

not if you like the Beastie Boys.... :)
    they've been around a long time...

9. p228

p228 Member

The building is called Manhattan South.
    325 W Houston St NY 10014

Nope. Couldn't hit the mute button fast enough.

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

"You gotta FIGHT........"

11. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

Yes, Spring Street(Man So) and holy cow the twin towers are still up

12. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Yes, you were the only one. How can you not like the Beastie Boys!

13. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

"For your Right......."

14. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

"To PAAAAAAARTY!!"

lol, clean cut white boys doing hip-hop.

15. Coldworld

So I take it there are more than a couple buildings in the greater NYC area? I paused the video towards the end and you can see a few package cars parked on the roof. Not the best outfits the beastie boys are sporting...looks like a snuggle. You old timers might not like their music but since they have been around for 25 years, now they are the old timers of the hip hop scene.

16. Coldworld

Is the 43rd street building the largest in the city? Doesn't this building load cars on multiple floors?

17. rod

rod retired and happy

That was a band? I thought I was watching an episode of Teletubbies

18. Raw

Raw Raw Member

I must be an enigma then, I`m 50 and always crank up the volumn when the Beastie Boys are on! :happy-very:

19. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Me too