What trumps what , National vs supplemental

R1wonder

Who has the correct answer I don’t even have union stewards agreeing . Master says no forced 6th day for a driver , our supplement says they can force still. So what will we follow .

R1wonder

IMG_4562.png

Nothing should depend . Does the master trump this language or does the supplement stand and master doesn’t mean :censored2:. Either way I think we’re all re bidding jobs

R1wonder

I shared that with my steward and this was his reply

“That doesn't mean much, they will just say it's not a lesser benefit because you get time and a half. There is a reason the language is always vague and it also goes by what was discussed in the negotiations which we never know, but if it was understood a certain way by both parties during negotiations that's what they will go by

Pullman Brown

“That doesn't mean much, they will just say it's not a lesser benefit because you get time and a half. There is a reason the language is always vague and it also goes by what was discussed in the negotiations which we never know, but if it was understood a certain way by both parties during negotiations that's what they will go by

Y’all need to vote out every idiot who agreed to this nonsense!

BobJ

It's always up to your local Union rep.

I've been told multiple times that it's not what it says in the contract, but how they interpret it.

Every grievance is subject to the whims of the parties involved. You can become the bargaining chip used to help someone else.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's always up to your local Union rep.

I've been told multiple times that it's not what it says in the contract, but how they interpret it.

Every grievance is subject to the whims of the parties involved. You can become the bargaining chip used to help someone else.

How many grievances have you won and lost ?

deeztier

losing a scheduled day off is a lesser benefit than time and a half. imo.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

In this instance time and a half is not a benefit, rather a penalty paid by the Company in most supplements long before Article 11 was added to the Master.

The new Article 11 sixth day language for package car drivers is not vague and was hard fought and will be very hard for the Company to argue isn't protected under Article 2.2 of the Master.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The better language always prevails.
If your supplement says they can and the master says they can’t, then it goes by the master.