Whatever happened to . . .

sox

ok silent observer but fur call tags were boxes with call tags attached that we had to wait while the customer put the fur in & we sealed the box put the tag on & sent it back for summer refrigerated storage. always took a lot of time because it was usually wealthy towns dealing with hired help. we hated to get them in the late 70's I used to leave mine @ go back the next time I was there. You could do that back then we were on paper. They tried that again in the early 80's
with phones or something but it didn't work out. Upstate Did'nt know that?

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
UPS pocket protectors, plastic cup soft drink dispensers, feeders with flaps, load sheriffs and running the tightest ship in the shipping business?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
not sure what they ran on,..the only thing I knew was that they couldn't drive on more than a 10% incline
The theory was that you could drain the old oil out of the engine and use it as fuel .
Noisy , smelly and simply junk . But when the federal gov't is paying for them , why not give them a try .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Anyone been here long enough to remember:

Fur Calls
Blue Label Air
The Rural initiative
Dock Merge
$0 spent on advertizing
Look Sharp, don't get cut
Oz Nelson
Fur Call boxes ....great empty boxes for a unloader .
Blue Label Air....second day only & to only selected areas
$0 spent on advertizing ....a clean PC seen along the streets in the dead of winter was enough .
Oz Nelson....& black and white TV, too .

P

pickup

How about "Living the Dream"? Old time managers say the term sarcastically. I recently saw the expression on a UPS branded clock being offered in the catalogue.
The phrase is right under the "12".