Procedure: In a large saucepan, stir together cream cheese,
Parmesan cheese, margarine and milk over low heat until
smooth. Add fettucini and toss lightly.

klein

Für Meno :)
TODAY - September 10, 2011
apps392x154.jpg

6 appetizers worse than the main course
Many popular appetizers contain more calories, fat, and sodium than you should consume in a day.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Four-Cheese Lasagna

What You Need

1 lb.extra-lean ground beef

1 onion, chopped

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened

1 cup 2% Milkfat Low Fat Cottage Cheese

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided

1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided

1 egg, beaten

1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce

1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained

1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves

12 lasagna noodles, cooked

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°friend.
BROWN meat with onions in large skillet. Meanwhile, mix Neufchatel, cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and egg until well blended.
DRAIN meat; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and oregano; simmer 5 min. Remove from heat. Spoon 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan; cover with foil.
BAKE 50 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 40 min. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I thought this was a great idea to make lasagna less labor intensive.....frozen ravioli is the secret for no fuss.

Lazy Day Lasagna

1 and 1/2 jars marinara sauce
3 (13 oz) packages frozen ravioli
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 oz. grated mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 375. Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Arrange the ravioli in a single layer, then add half the spinach, half the marinara
and half the mozzarella.

Repeat layers. Top with parmesan cheese.

Cover pan with foil. Bake for 35 mins. Uncover and bake 15 mins. more or until
cheese is melted and pasta is cooked. Let stand for 5 mins.

klein

Better chicken reciepe :

New recipe!
Honey Soy Glazed Chicken Recipe | Steamy Kitchen Recipes
steamykitchen.com
A recipe for Honey Soy Glazed Chicken from the cookbook Seattle Kitchen

Honey Soy Glazed Chicken

Ingredients: FOR THE GLAZE:
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup vegetable or peanut oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

FOR THE CHICKEN:
12 Chicken Drumsticks
lemon wedges for serving

Directions:

1) To make the marinade/glaze, whisk together the honey, oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes.

2) In a baking dish, resealable bag or container, marinate the chicken in the glaze for 30 minutes.
3) Grill or broil the chicken, medium heat, on both sides until the skin is crispy and juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, about 25-30 minutes. Be careful not to burn the the chicken, the honey will char easily. Moving the chicken to a cooler part of the grill, if grilling, or moving the chicken further from the broiler, may be necessary.
4) Serve chicken with a squeeze of lemon.

klein

A receipe I just tried and it was great !

German Potato Dumplings made easy :

Instant Mashed Potato Dumplings
by Jeff McCade
(Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

My mother grew up in Berlin during the war and the blockade as well. Potatoes were not readily available, but they did get instant mashed potatoes and adapted recipes to use them. One of these was potato dumplings. I have found them to be a great time saver in the kitchen.

3 eggs
2 cups instant mashed potatoes
1.5 cups water or milk
2+/- cups of flour
salt, pepper, parsley, cooked bacon, sauteed onions to taste or as desired.

Mix all ingredients, except the flour, in a large bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. Then add flour until dough is a consistency to be able to roll into balls.

Boil pot of salted water, and drop balls into water. Boil gently until they float and are cooked through and they are ready to serve. If you have any left over, they are great fried with a dollop of sour cream.

Now, I made this late dinner using Lipton sidekicks mashed potatoes with beef gravy mix. (only 1 3/4 cup of potatoe flakes, so downsize on other ingredients appropiatly, like just using 2 eggs, and using less water and milk (I used about 1/2 cup of milk, and 3/4 cup of water and only 1 1/4 cup flour).
I had inside round steaks marinating for over 24 hrs in spices and Knorr Marinating sauce.
I added frozen California Vegetable Mix to the same hot water pot I was boiling my dumplings.

I had my frying pan hot, and ready to go for the steaks and onions, but waited until the dumplings would rise to the top, (took about 6-8 min).
Turned down the heat of the dumplings/veggies, and fast fried my steaks and onions, then used a cup of that veggie/potato hotwater to make that instant gravy quickly, and added the gravy to the frying pan, once the steaks were almost done, and heat was on low.

All in all a really good supper (prep time about 10 min, cooking time another 10 min) - simple, fast, easy and good ! :)

Here's a pic of my end result taken from my kitchen just half hr ago:
(note: dumplings are very filling, but good, could only eat 2 for now, have 2 more cooked, and some unused dough that will make another 3 or 4 of them - covered in the refrigerator to make some more fresh ones tomorrow).

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Have you ever thought of making potato pancakes out of that dough? A love them on a Sunday morning. Yummy!! Nice post. I like the story.

klein

Have you ever thought of making potato pancakes out of that dough? A love them on a Sunday morning. Yummy!! Nice post. I like the story.

Maybe I might make potato pancakes out of the rest of my dough mix today :) That's a good idea !

And yes, forgot to mention, by adding flour and the other ingredients to the instant mashed potatoes, you get twice the meal, so it's a great savings, too, and feeds atleast 4-6 people easily. I'll definitly make them again.
Maybe I'll post a pic of the pancakes later on this thread ? I love potato pancakes with onion gravy and meat :)

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cherry Tomato Orzo Salad
Do not refrigerate the tomatoes ahead of time. Doing so will hurt the flavor of the tomatoes and can make the texture mealy.

Ingredients

• 8 ounces orzo pasta
  • Salt
  • 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 Tbsp minced fresh oregano
  • Juice of a lemon
  • Black pepper to taste
Method

1 Bring a large pot of well salted water to a rolling boil. Add the orzo, stirring it so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook, uncovered, at a high boil until al dente, cooked through but still a bit firm. Drain the pasta (it helps to use a fine mesh sieve for this as the small orzo might pass through holes in a colander), and rinse with cold water to stop the pasta from cooking further.
2 Toss the pasta with the olive oil in a large bowl. At this point you can make ahead and chill until you are ready to serve (or transport to a party). Toss with the rest of the ingredients, the tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, green onions, oregano, lemon juice, and black pepper. The feta is salty so you shouldn't need to add more salt.
Serves 8-10 as a side.

Simply Recipes http://simplyrecipes.com

klein

OK, had my leftover dumplings again, yesterday, now I just ate potato pancakes, made from the leftover dumpling mix I had in the fridge.
Another awesome meal and the cost of it is about $1.50 per plate !

Thanks for the tip menotyou. Those pancakes were awesome, and all I had to do is add about 1 tbs of olive oil to the dough, to losen it up, as well as to stop the pancakes from sticking to the pan.

(it's gravy on the pancakes and meat, made with the marinading sauce, onions, and some red wine, and ofcourse the lipton pack of gravy that comes with the instant mashed potatoes) - was also leftover from the other day.

And I still have left over pancakes to eat now - maybe with applesauce or jam later ? :)

Last edited:

klein

My $3.50 dinner tonight. Safeway Signature Cafe Deluxe Pizza 12" (fresh - take and bake).
I did add Canadian Backbacon to it, and some fresh tomatoes 3 minutes prior to being finished baked.

Still have 1/4 pizza left. Will eat it later tonight.

For dessert, my famous organic orange