UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Zoning laws wouldn't apply for private independent contractors not running an LLC or being used for commerical business. I owned and sold an LLC where I hired employees and contractors and I have a degree in business management, so, yes, I know about zoning laws.

Similar to how multi level marketing businesses can have their "employees" aka contractors having sale parties out of their homes, if that helps put it into perspective.

Big difference between selling Amway and running a delivery/storage business.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I went through being blown out everyday last year. This year while my center dropped the ball on some stuff, i'll give them credit on splitting loads for alot of routes. Half gets loaded in your truck in the morning, the other half goes into a rental with other peoples work. You finish the first half and then reload the truck in the afternoon. Reloading sucks but i'd rather run 2 clean, organized, easy to work in loads than one bricked out pile of crap.

Are you running the same areas twice?

john chesney

Let me start off by saying that I'm a fairly new driver. This is my second peak that I've been a part of. With that being said, it mind boggles me how a company of this satire can be so ran so poorly. It's like they don't even try when it comes to peak. Yet the boast about delivering boxes for 110 years but they don't learn from past years.

Everyday when I come in my peak route is blown up with 250 stops and 400+ pieces in a little diesel. I keep telling them they can cram as much stuff as they want in my truck as they want but if i can't find it what's the point? How come they don't understand that productivity goes way down when they do this. They pay me for 14 hours a day and I'm lucky to get 170 stops done due to this. It's super frustrating that we are given a pile of :censored2: that we can't work with and at the end of the day it's still a pile of :censored2:. Am I alone on this or am I the idiot here?

What's so hard to get?
Why do you think us old guys are disgusted and bitter about this company. It’s was always a hard job but we we’re proud,respected and the best by far. If seen this company go from the most respected company to a sad pathetic joke. This is not the employees fault but upper management. I honestly don’t see the company surviving unless big changes come.

JL 0513

Well you see, each year the volume is "unprecedented".

Next year will be the same year to year increase as a percentage, and it will again be unprecedented.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I went through being blown out everyday last year. This year while my center dropped the ball on some stuff, i'll give them credit on splitting loads for alot of routes. Half gets loaded in your truck in the morning, the other half goes into a rental with other peoples work. You finish the first half and then reload the truck in the afternoon. Reloading sucks but i'd rather run 2 clean, organized, easy to work in loads than one bricked out pile of crap.
I had a route like that a couple of years ago. 150 stops in the first load, 150 in the second. Worked out pretty well, though it did help to have a helper that was a hard worker.

Staydryitsraining

I've been doing 400-500 pieces in a rental and every time I open the back door for the first couple hours about 5-10 packages come tumbling on to the snowy icy roads for everyone to see. Last week I couldn't even use my Diad for any sort of trace as there was no order, just literally a massive pile floor to ceiling of boxes in a rental. I just did the best I could and pulled the biggest pieces and ran them until I could step into the truck.

I agree it's counterproductive. If there is that much volume I would think it would go faster to load 3/4 of it and then have you come back for the rest when empty. Without an ability to sort or find packages so much time is wasted. But hey, If they want to pay me to spend the whole day looking for packages or reloading the ones that come tumbling onto the ground at every stop I guess that's up to them. It's all the same pay rate.
Or just put more routes in

MC0493

They actually cut routes in my building this week. Still haven't figured that one out. Management blames it on call outs.

Faceplanted

In our center we do the shuttling of extra stops as well as having the pod on area. The guys who drop off for the golf carts will also use the back half of the pod for their 7/8000 section to clean up their truck a little bit - lucky bastards. We have a few guys who live on their routes who, with approval, drop off their resis (the stuff after their house) in their garage to make room. Then there's other guys who are dispatched 120 stops or so who bail out pods and other drivers after their route/lunch are done. It's not the best system but it's been working for us.
In most cities and townships, ups using residential garage to conduct business is against the rules

But, I'm sure ass kissing drivers and greedy ups could care less about the rules.

Box Ox

In most cities and townships, ups using residential garage to conduct business is against the rules

But, I'm sure ass kissing drivers and greedy ups could care less about the rules.

Those drivers had better read up on their local residential code in case they need to recite it to the center manager!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hmm. After looking at that article, I would place bets that the complainer didn’t have a problem with the brown trucks but the brown men working out of that garage. He just used the noise as an excuse.

I'd have called on that clown wearing pink shoes>.
636480860513515941-inside7.JPG