Whats the "lightest" route in your center?

Maple7

Just curious what the lightest/most extended route in your center in like? We got one route that does about 215 miles with 70 stops and 80 pieces, all out in the country. I'm sure there have to be some routes somewhere that do half that many stops. Whats the "lightest" where you work?

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a couple of routes that ran 20-30 stops a day with a couple of pickups each. They both were 300+miles a day (the majority of it on dirt roads). No thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our lightest route is currently run by our shop steward. 150-200 miles, 70-90 stops, 4 pickups. When I ran this area it went out heavier----he has been able to get the stop count down at least 10-20 stops.

9.5er

No such thing as a "light route" in my center. Between telematics and the push button start and bulk head door opener all our routes stop counts have increased by 20 - 30 stops over what used to be a normal day. Time allowance did not change one bit. Huh go figure.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are a few in my center that sit in the 225-250 mile range and do 55-65 stops.

Stops per car has really screwed up some routes. Most rural route guys at least swing into a decent sized town now to knock off a subdivision or two to raise their stop count.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have 2 areas. One goes on avg 240 miles with 85 stops. The other is mine with about 180 miles with 100 stops. Both they say are with 9 hr dispatches. More like 9.5. When we need a meet its for less than 10 stops. Just need to drive 20 to 50 miles. To drop pick ups

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We have one route 35 stops/250 miles is an 8 hr day. He usually likes to keep it about 50 though.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I ran 245 miles with 114 stops Mon and 221-120 yesterday. I do have a couple of small towns that tighten up some of the stops. Most of our 200 milers go out with 100 plus stops.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
That's because you are THE 407.
I learned from the best. When I started out I took the advice from someone I knew that was in prison. He said he learned from the oldtimers and the tough guys. It rubbed off. I learned to respect the veterans of this big brown machine. They took me under their wing. Management recognized this as well as the local union. They wanted me as a steward and the rest is just the rest. I love rules and playing by them within a system. They set the system and I dominate it

Sent from the stall of a bathroom while I'm dropping a deuce waiting for my wife to get out of surgery.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Unless I was driving 100 miles one way on the interstate for those towns that would be a long ass day for me.
Yea that sounds like a retarded dispatch.

Ps sorry for the politically incorrect statement.

Sent from that same stall while I'm bumping some 1999 eminem in my earbuds because some tool sat down next to me.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I learned from the best. When I started out I took the advice from someone I knew that was in prison. He said he learned from the oldtimers and the tough guys. It rubbed off. I learned to respect the veterans of this big brown machine. They took me under their wing. Management recognized this as well as the local union. They wanted me as a steward and the rest is just the rest. I love rules and playing by them within a system. They set the system and I dominate it

Sent from the stall of a bathroom while I'm dropping a deuce waiting for my wife to get out of surgery.
Your reply has a certain stench to it.
Hope all goes well with your darling spouse.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
No such thing as a "light route" in my center. Between telematics and the push button start and bulk head door opener all our routes stop counts have increased by 20 - 30 stops over what used to be a normal day. Time allowance did not change one bit. Huh go figure.

Your allowance changed....you got less time!

Not saying I agree...just stating a fact...

Thebrownstreak

My route did between 225-250 Mikes a day. 60 stops would be a good day. If I went over 65 stops I would run into trouble for getting back to the building with my air. Plan day was a9.65 day, so they knew they were pushing it daily

Sent using BrownCafe App