What's with my assigned time?

KoennenTiger

I finally got my own route at the end of last year so no more cover driving. The first two weeks I ran it I bonused .5 to 1.0 every day. Ever since then I have been like 0.5 to 1.0 OVER my assigned time. Which makes no sense to me as I have learned when to break trace to go faster, I have gotten to know the customers at certain docks so they come help me unload, and I've learned where certain alleys are to take short cuts, etc.

Anyway last week a cover driver ran my route. He only managed to do 72 stops with other guys coming to help him take the rest of my stops. He only did 5 of my 30 pickups. He only delivered 210 pieces. He had a sporh of 9 FFS. Yet he got an 8.5 hour assigned day. The next day I delivered my regular route plus all his misses and did all my pickups.

I did 122 stops, sporh of 16, delivered 380 pieces, did all my pickups, and yet I only get an 8.5 hour assigned day!

I mostly have just stopped looking at my assigned time because it never makes any sense. How can I do almost twice the work of the cover guy and get the same assigned time? Makes me feel like just working really safe and they can pay me overtime instead...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I finally got my own route at the end of last year so no more cover driving. The first two weeks I ran it I bonused .5 to 1.0 every day. Ever since then I have been like 0.5 to 1.0 OVER my assigned time. Which makes no sense to me as I have learned when to break trace to go faster, I have gotten to know the customers at certain docks so they come help me unload, and I've learned where certain alleys are to take short cuts, etc.

Anyway last week a cover driver ran my route. He only managed to do 72 stops with other guys coming to help him take the rest of my stops. He only did 5 of my 30 pickups. He only delivered 210 pieces. He had a sporh of 9 FFS. Yet he got an 8.5 hour assigned day. The next day I delivered my regular route plus all his misses and did all my pickups.

I did 122 stops, sporh of 16, delivered 380 pieces, did all my pickups, and yet I only get an 8.5 hour assigned day!

I mostly have just stopped looking at my assigned time because it never makes any sense. How can I do almost twice the work of the cover guy and get the same assigned time? Makes me feel like just working really safe and they can pay me overtime instead...

Answered your own question! Good job!