When do you say its over?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I almost gave a dog treat to a kid the other day
It has been an interesting year working 50 plus hour days and, even a few Saturdays, since the middle of March
I do not see this Pandemic ending anytime soon
Let the games begin when peak comes around
With more lockdowns coming, millions out of a job, and at some point the gov't will run out of money there will be no peak to worry about.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Reason for leaving the job... Plantar fasciitis in both feet.
Even surgery did not help.
I was on track to go the full 40 years, leaving with a special 35 year pension.
Good thing I left, all the pain pills I had been taking were actually killing my insides.
Haven't taken a pain pill for a year, not even an aspirin.
I just learned to live with the pain, a lot like working for UPS.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What’s the point of staying that long? I’m guessing divorces?
I know of at least one local where you have to be 62 before you can draw the pension, so that's a reason for some. But other than that I agree with you, never understood why people stayed any longer than they absolutely have to.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know of at least one local where you have to be 62 before you can draw the pension, so that's a reason for some. But other than that I agree with you, never understood why people stayed any longer than they absolutely have to.
Here to keep insurance is 57 I think. So lots of guys that start young work 35+

Maybe seen too many coworkers die within a year or two after retiring?

quad decade guy

Reason for leaving the job... Plantar fasciitis in both feet.
Even surgery did not help.
I was on track to go the full 40 years, leaving with a special 35 year pension.
Good thing I left, all the pain pills I had been taking were actually killing my insides.
Haven't taken a pain pill for a year, not even an aspirin.
I just learned to live with the pain, a lot like working for UPS.

What's a "special 35 year pension"?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Those that know what’s coming are not enjoying it.

there’s a very real chance that these kids don’t go back until January. That will be almost an entire year without in person learning. For a few kids that’ll be ok but the large majority do not have the help or resources at home to effectively learn that way.

who is going to get those kids back on track that are nearly a year behind now? It ain’t gonna be mom and dad. It ain’t gonna be the government giving more funding to help. Nope it’s gonna be the teachers going above and beyond.
They will be prime candidates for management.

BTW: $50-60,000, pension, and bennies for 9 months of "hard labor" paper cuts isn't too awful bad.