When was the last Random drug test done at your STA.....

DontThrowPackages

I'm not saying I work with any one person that uses but I've notice the random drug testing may have gone away like so many other things. I guess when I think of all the cuts taking place and how much it costs to not only pay for a drug test but also pay that employee his/her time to go have it done, which in most cases was half the day, its follows the pattern. I wonder if they even bother to drug test new employees. Like I said, I not saying anyone is but.....

rod

Retired 22 years
Random test my butt. I think every drug test at my center was taken by the one driver management knew was squeeky clean.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not saying I work with any one person that uses but I've notice the random drug testing may have gone away like so many other things. I guess when I think of all the cuts taking place and how much it costs to not only pay for a drug test but also pay that employee his/her time to go have it done, which in most cases was half the day, its follows the pattern. I wonder if they even bother to drug test new employees. Like I said, I not saying anyone is but.....

You make a good point, but it isn't like they announce them or they are common knowledge. That is, unless the courier lets you know he/she has a pee test.

DontThrowPackages

Every person that was tapped to take the test let it be known the next day where they were and how nice it was to get paid for doing nothing. An employee with drugs in their system use to be something of concern but, for now anyway, looks like its being placed on the back burner.

SmithBarney

We had one guy tested like 20 times in 6 years, and definitely not the guy I would pick(random.)
Meanwhile I know a few 20 year crrs who have never been picked.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had one guy tested like 20 times in 6 years, and definitely not the guy I would pick(random.)
Meanwhile I know a few 20 year crrs who have never been picked.

I also know someone who was tested excessively. They wanted him gone, so the "random" component meant nothing.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm pretty sure they only drug test dudes with a CDL. I.e. mostly swings.
Only time a regular schmo CRR has to worry if they only have a class C is after an accident.

SmithBarney

Correct.....only CDL positions are subject to random testing.

not 100% true, any employee can be hit, but they usually only do CDL folks. I know this since I know a CRR(non CDL) who
got canned for failing. It wasn't random, but the crr's behaviors raised a red flag, and they asked crr to submit.

Schlepper

I haven't been popped yet, but I know several that have. The most recent was last week. Naturally, they would pick the day that your route is overdispatched (well, that term doesn't mean much in Ground/HD) to do it. My contractor went down and loaded for me but got delayed 2+ hours on an extremely heavy day on account of a random. Needless to say, I didn't get done until well after dark that day.

overflowed

I haven't been popped yet, but I know several that have. The most recent was last week. Naturally, they would pick the day that your route is overdispatched (well, that term doesn't mean much in Ground/HD) to do it. My contractor went down and loaded for me but got delayed 2+ hours on an extremely heavy day on account of a random. Needless to say, I didn't get done until well after dark that day.

I know some potheads that carry their kids pee around all day. Kinda weird but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

FedEx2000

not 100% true, any employee can be hit, but they usually only do CDL folks. I know this since I know a CRR(non CDL) who
got canned for failing. It wasn't random, but the crr's behaviors raised a red flag, and they asked crr to submit.

Um, that's why I said "random" specifically. What you are referring to is a "reasonable suspicion" test.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I know some potheads that carry their kids pee around all day. Kinda weird but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
LOL!, the joke'll be on them when they find out the hard way that their kids are users too! ... I have to wonder though, how do these guys manage to keep the pee at body temp? Isn't that one of the things they check for to guard against that sort of thing?

MAKAVELI

LOL!, the joke'll be on them when they find out the hard way that their kids are users too! ... I have to wonder though, how do these guys manage to keep the pee at body temp? Isn't that one of the things they check for to guard against that sort of thing?

Where there is a will there is a way. Just look at Lance Armstrong and his sophisticated blood doping program.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
the crr's behaviors raised a red flag, and they asked crr to submit.

Dude deserved it if he was under the influence while working. I don't care what you do on your own time but, don't ever go out on road messed up.

how do these guys manage to keep the pee at body temp? Isn't that one of the things they check for to guard against that sort of thing?

Yeah,
I'm pretty sure the pee is tested for temp. and it's gotta be real close to 98*. Man, do I hate touching a warm cup of my own pee. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Yeah,
I'm pretty sure the pee is tested for temp. and it's gotta be real close to 98*. Man, do I hate touching a warm cup of my own pee. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
yes, but look at it this way, at least it's better than touching a warm cup of someone else's pee... I just don't know how those people who work at those places can do it and then go to lunch.