When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

Raw

Raw Member
jumpman23 you have numerous violations you can be terminated for. You can`t get away with eating all day long on the clock, you should be working,plus in cab distractions are a safety issue. You take lunch at the end of the day because you aren`t a strong enough driver to get your work done plus your eating all the time. Also center size has nothing to do with union strength, in summer we at times have 18 routes dispatched and we are a very contract strong center.

Mack Grant

Just wanna get er done. Trust me I eat all day long daddy o. Just not a fan of stopping for an hour during the middle of the day. Makes me lazy personally, and hard to get remotivated after stuffing my face with food and relaxing for an hour.
I can understand where your coming from but trust me you NEED to force yourself to take a 1 hour break during the day. Your manager watches how different drivers take their breaks or don't take them at all.
He then sees to it that the lunch skippers end up with more stops, or at least going to bail out the drivers on the 9.5 list.
This is a job you'll most likely be doing for a long time and you need to develop the proper habits that will carry you in the long run.
Oh and to answer your question I think UPS will attempt to roll out the two-tiered wage system for new drivers in the next contract.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
jumpman23 you have numerous violations you can be terminated for. You can`t get away with eating all day long on the clock, you should be working,plus in cab distractions are a safety issue. You take lunch at the end of the day because you aren`t a strong enough driver to get your work done plus your eating all the time. Also center size has nothing to do with union strength, in summer we at times have 18 routes dispatched and we are a very contract strong center.
Oh look...it's the Teamster police...lol. 18 routes? That is a tiny building.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME WORRYING WHAT IM DOING, WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF FIRST AND FOREMOST BRO.

Raw

Raw Member
By the time you go to the gym...change outta your browns...workout...washup and put browns back on....that's a relaxing lunch hour!
It`s relaxing for me, I feel great and have more energy, I don`t spend $15.00 a day for lunch and I save an hour of my off time from having to go to the gym. Plus daily workouts keep you less apt to get injured and you really look great and in shape!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I`m not worrying about you, I enjoy listening to your clueless banter and wanna be gangsta talk!
Your boring me little girl, your obviously worrying about me, you keep commenting on it. Nobody cares what you think really dude. You do your thing and quit worrying about what everybody else does.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I`m not worrying about you, I enjoy listening to your clueless banter and wanna be gangsta talk!
Dude...talk about wannabe gangster? You've got an avatar of a dead Soprano...lol. Seriously, who cares how any driver runs their route? If he eats while working and takes his lunch afterwards...that's his business. Why do you care? Who don't know anyone from Adam...but you claim he's not a strong enough driver to get his work done. If that were true...they'd have disciplined his ass years ago.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you wanna play gangster...I'd go with Vito...lol
images-6.jpeg
They found him dead with a pool cue shoved up his ***. Maybe he worked for brown too!

Raw

Raw Member
Dude...talk about wannabe gangster? You've got an avatar of a dead Soprano...lol. Seriously, who cares how any driver runs their route? If he eats while working and takes his lunch afterwards...that's his business. Why do you care? Who don't know anyone from Adam...but you claim he's not a strong enough driver to get his work done. If that were true...they'd have disciplined his ass years ago.
He`s not being disciplined because he is doing what management wants him to do so they don`t have to adjust his route to get business stops delivered. I care how he runs his route because drivers like her/him are preventing the hire of more drivers.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Last time I checked, the goal was not to get disciplined and stay off the radar. They don't have to adjust my route anyway to get businesses off. Been running this route for 5 years, a good driver knows how to make adjustments to make things work when roadblocks pop up. Secondly their going to put drivers on according to volume by buildings, you ought to know how the game is played son. And I never skip my lunch, and don't work through lunch either. I don't where your getting your idiot information from unless you have a friend in the FBI or some schiznitt. You take your lunch when you feel fit to take it, just like a lot of other drivers do.

purplesky

Last time I checked, the goal was not to get disciplined and stay off the radar. They don't have to adjust my route anyway to get businesses off. Been running this route for 5 years, a good driver knows how to make adjustments to make things work when roadblocks pop up. Secondly their going to put drivers on according to volume by buildings, you ought to know how the game is played son. And I never skip my lunch, and don't work through lunch either. I don't where your getting your idiot information from unless you have a friend in the FBI or some schiznitt. You take your lunch when you feel fit to take it, just like a lot of other drivers do.

So basically they(dispatch) don't have to adjust commercials on your route because you work through your lunch to get all your stops off?

So you take your full lunch at the end of the day in the building(at night) to avoid getting fired and not rocking the UPS boat?

If you are still a UPS package driver when you get to the over age 50 club you might want to adjust your lunch routine to save your health for retirement.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF

What if the cover driver wants to take a normal midday lunch? Won't he struggle with businesses and pickups having to get them to the building on time? Or does everyone scab up and skip lunch?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They don't have to adjust the commercial stops, first because theres not that many on there anyway, and most of it is resies anyway. I know that route like the back of my hand. If your taking lunch at end of day when you get in, your still rockin them fools to sleep late anyway and getting all of your time in. You like the rest of the people who work here are going to have joint problems anyway you idiot, because of repetition duh. And no im not scared to get fired wtf dude. As you do your job correctly your not going to get fired.