Where to put the package.......

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Small box, would have bagged it. Otherwise it`s right where I`d put it. Customer could blow me from there on out.

Yea, those rural IL drivers are trouble.
That's the only thing I saw wrong. No DR bag. Otherwise it was a perfectly acceptable DR. The customer was being an ass.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
While I am old school and think that the parcel should have been bagged, I would not have subjected myself to such a rude customer. Video taping the situation and putting it on Youtube was just rubbing the drivers face in it. This guys next delivery from me would have been bagged and placed in the same spot in the bushes. However, somehow my pee bottle would have spilled onto his parcel before being placed into the DR bag!

old levi's

blank space
Signature required from now to hell freezes over.
Whats that? You wont be home on Christmas Eve to sign for little Bobby's present.
Then suck air!

rocket man

signature required forever. How did this guy have time to get camera ? (im glad our driver did not give him the phone that customer i bet would have kept it till a supervisor and cops got there Thats what i think would have happened, I GUESS I WOULD HAVE TURNED AROUND PICKED UP THE PKG HANDED TO HIM AND ASK DO YOU WANT ME TO RETURN IT ITS AS EASY AS THE PUSH OF A BUTTON . THE guy is gonna call anyway. theres so many ways it could have been handled , our driver did good.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I just help for the peak, but even then, I'm told

1.) Don't walk in people's yard
2.) 3 points of contact (as you can see why...)
3.) BAG things that can get water damaged. Its no rocket science that if I DR FD in the morning in light shower on a day rain is expected, it will be soaking wet by the time customer comes home.

Quote our "security guy"; " a customer waves his rights to his yard when he orders something & it's shipped via UPS". They can't deny us walking through yard.

Note, the mailman walks across all yards taking shortest path to next house. We have that same right.

I avoid when I can , but when it comes down to it I do when needed and if anything is said then I wave and say sorry and move on.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
signature required forever. How did this guy have time to get camera ? (im glad our driver did not give him the phone that customer i bet would have kept it till a supervisor and cops got there Thats what i think would have happened, I GUESS I WOULD HAVE TURNED AROUND PICKED UP THE PKG HANDED TO HIM AND ASK DO YOU WANT ME TO RETURN IT ITS AS EASY AS THE PUSH OF A BUTTON . THE guy is gonna call anyway. theres so many ways it could have been handled , our driver did good.
There are only 2 phone numbers that I will give out. If the customer is being an ass, it's 1-800-PICK-UPS. Let 'em suck eggs with our wonderful CSR's. If the customer is being decent then I will give them the center number. i will NEVER give out my OR's number. And the office staff (or at least a certain member of the office staff :happy-very:) has learned the hard way to NEVER give out my phone number to anyone, customers or drivers.:nono2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Quote our "security guy"; " a customer waves his rights to his yard when he orders something & it's shipped via UPS". They can't deny us walking through yard.

Note, the mailman walks across all yards taking shortest path to next house. We have that same right.

I avoid when I can , but when it comes down to it I do when needed and if anything is said then I wave and say sorry and move on.
When I have deliveries for next door neighbors (yesterday), I walk through yards. If I pass a house, and stop quick enough, I walk through the yard. If I have a customer that prefers to have a back door delivery, guess what, I walk through the yard.

old levi's

blank space
There are only 2 phone numbers that I will give out. If the customer is being an ass, it's 1-800-PICK-UPS. Let 'em suck eggs with our wonderful CSR's. If the customer is being decent then I will give them the center number. i will NEVER give out my OR's number. And the office staff (or at least a certain member of the office staff :happy-very:) has learned the hard way to NEVER give out my phone number to anyone, customers or drivers.:nono2:
What did you do, dilli? Throw them into a limb chipper / Punish one and the rest will fall into compliance.

Backlasher

Off topic, I had a customer yell at me for knocking on screen door.

I honk, I get out of truck anouncing "UPS". I knock on screen door and start service cross on piece.

A guy walking slowly down sidewalk, (in ghetto), yells at me, " Don't knock on the screendoor".

I ask if he lives there, He just yells same thing but doesn't answer me.
I just shake my head and knock again then slap a notice on it and as I walk off the porch, he gets in my face and tells me I better not dare nock on the screen again.

I tell him, " I'm doing my job and have to let these people know that I'm trying to deliver a package", get out of my way, I have to move on with my work.

He's mad and continues to yell that she'll be out in a minute and she pops out right away.

I said if your her husband and live here then why didn't you just tell me and sign for the package?

I told him if he had a problem then he better learn how to talk to people and approach things better. I need to do my job and "MAYBE" if I was beating the crap out of the door then he might have the right but I didn't so get out of my face. You continue and my building will have the cops all over you.

I was tempered and really burned the route up hard after that. My adrenaline lasted me all day.

Rich snobs and ghetto people both suck!!!!!

I still knock on screen doors if I can't open them till this day.

Backlasher

Yea, I def do not give customers my # anymore. MAybe if I was on same route but it sucks when you have all the customers from past routes calling you up and you are on a totally diff route.

Uhmm, yea, I'm not on your route tday so I don't know bout that, sorry.

Backlasher

I bet it started with " Let me tell you one damn thing....................... and ended with .................................. your mama!"

LoL, I've been on a YOUR MAMMA kick for a week now, a guess reliving the past. Driven wife nuts. Every time someone says something to me stupid, not a customer, I bust out "your MAMMA".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yea, I def do not give customers my # anymore. MAybe if I was on same route but it sucks when you have all the customers from past routes calling you up and you are on a totally diff route.

Uhmm, yea, I'm not on your route tday so I don't know bout that, sorry.
​In the 6 years that I have been driving, I can think of less than a hand full of customers that have my number. 1 of them is my best friend so he don't count. One of our drivers has been on her rte for 13 years so many of her customers have her number. I laugh when she bitches about customers calling her.

iruhnman630

Yup, pkg should have been bagged.

Consignee is just another a hole youtube warrior. As hard as we try to do everything perfect all the time, it seems like once a day I find myself having an off moment, cringing, and looking around thinking 'hope that doesn't end up on Youtube.'

I recently had an incident with a customer while covering a route for one day. As I was walking to the back door to dr the package out of sight of the road, I noticed a big note on the front door that said 'UPS, knock on door.' Assuming the customer wanted his package at the front door I set the package on the porch, knocked and yelled UPS, and headed back to the car.

'HEY! GET BACK HERE!' the customer barked at me.

'Excuse me???!!' (I was a bit stunned and I'm not a huge fan of being bossed around like that).

'This is a $500 package!' he snorted.

Yup, the customer put the note up just to have his moment of authority over the UPS guy.

'Okthankyouhaveaniceday' as I quickly stepped into the truck and was gone, looking back in my rear view I could see that he wanted more of a response, but sorry my job description does not say punching bag for your frustrations.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was also disturbed by the number of replies which backed up the poor choice the driver made.

You were right in that my calling the consignee a "jerk' was out of line.

The consignee was a jerk because instead of handling the situation in a calm and rational manner, he got out a video camera and proceeded to threaten the driver and make an ass out of himself.

His complaint about the manner in which the package was delivered may have been legitimate; his method of resolving the situation was not. He attacked the driver verbally, threatened him with a camera, treated him like a jerk, and put him on the defensive instead of expressing his concerns in a positive and constructive manner.

If I am in a restraunt and the waitress screws up my order or the food is not acceptable to me....I dont resolve the situation by pulling out my camera and acting like an arse hole. I resolve it by being polite, friendly and cheerful to the human being who probably just made a human error. I start out by giving that person the benefit of the doubt, which in turn motivates them to respond in kind. 99% of the time, the situation winds up being resolved with smiles and good karma all the way around.

Thre are very few things in life that are worth being a d!ck about.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As far as walking across the yard goes....if the sidewalk and driveway have been shoveled and are free of black ice, then I will walk on them and avoid the yard. Otherwise, I am walking on the grass where the footing is better. If the customer has a problem with that, he can let us know and I will be more than happy to RTS his packages or leave them at the customer counter to pick up himself.