Where would you live if you could?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
To each his own but I don't understand why people choose some of the super cold places?
Im in SE NC and moved here at 28yo. I'm living where people come to vacation.

BlackFriday

Where siblings come to get married…..
Damn! LMAO.
We former Yankees kid about this when no one is listening.
"She's still got all her teef. Keeps them in her pocket"
It's no longer that way. Far too many people from "Jersey" moved here and talk about how things should be done. I have no issue telling them to go TF back home.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Damn! LMAO.
We former Yankees kid about this when no one is listening.
"She's still got all her teef. Keeps them in her pocket"
It's no longer that way. Far too many people from "Jersey" moved here and talk about how things should be done. I have no issue telling them to go TF back home.
And I’m sure the native North Carolinians appreciate you being so blunt. They’re only allowed to say, Well bless your heart. Lol. Has anyone told you what that REALLY means?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It has multiple meanings depending on the situation. It could mean, Oh, you poor thing, I’m sorry things are going badly for you. It could also mean, Oh you poor thing, I’m sorry you’re such an idiot. It can also mean. Oh you poor thing, Ef you. Lol.
I like that. I think I’ll start using it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
It has multiple meanings depending on the situation. It could mean, Oh, you poor thing, I’m sorry things are going badly for you. It could also mean, Oh you poor thing, I’m sorry you’re such an idiot. It can also mean. Oh you poor thing, Ef you. Lol.
joey-rachel.gif

BlackFriday

You are spot on.
Coming here 37 years ago was extreme culture shock. There were VERY few Yankees here and I took a fair amount of abuse from the blue bloods. Lots of rebel flags were flown and damn if a lot of people didn't still talk about the Civil War. Many also had no problem with their racist beliefs.
Things changed drastically when I40 was completed and now that whole Southern good old boy flavor is ancient history.
This is my own personal opinion that, more often than not, "bless her/his/your/etc heart" means, "better you than me". That phrase is possibly the most disingenuous utterance period. It makes me cringe when I hear some southern "lady" say it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You are spot on.
Coming here 37 years ago was extreme culture shock. There were VERY few Yankees here and I took a fair amount of abuse from the blue bloods. Lots of rebel flags were flown and damn if a lot of people didn't still talk about the Civil War. Many also had no problem with their racist beliefs.
Things changed drastically when I40 was completed and now that whole Southern good old boy flavor is ancient history.
This is my own personal opinion that, more often than not, "bless her/his/your/etc heart" means, "better you than me". That phrase is possibly the most disingenuous utterance period. It makes me cringe when I hear some southern "lady" say it.
A Southern lady must always be polite. Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You are spot on.
And 37 years later you’re probably still a Yankee. Lol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You are spot on.
What civil war? The war of northern aggression? That one?