Who are Locals 705

I went down to the 705 Union Hall to see how they celebrate such a victory :

Yes.....that is where your strike fund went to.........mylar balloons !!!

What??,, Did you think you had to pay Clay to sing for a bunch of baseball bat swingin' Teamsters??!!

Wow,gay bashing. You`re really stretching your intellect. I`m surprised you did`nt go with more of a Chicago-mobster theme but I suppose you couldn't`t spell Capone when you google searched your pics. Someday you might be witty or smart,keep trying. someday.

tieguy

Banned
What the friend are you talking about? Be careful,don`t get caught underage drinking. Whats the matter? That O`douls go to your head?

That was one of your many changing themes that you claimed you would strike for. Getting the part time starting wage up to 10 dollars.

drewed

Shankman
Since we got everything we wanted I think you need to replace "705" with "UPS" in that statement.
What the friend are you talking about? Be careful,don`t get caught underage drinking. Whats the matter? That O`douls go to your head?

Your quote not mine, thanks for playing

please come again

BigBrownSanta

I don't know what happened to your response, if you deleted it or it got edited, or I would quote it.

If what Bloodybrown says is true, that's very interesting.

If not, then we really don't know who blinked first. Maybe the company finally stopped the lowballing and presented a decent proposal considering the thought of losing the CDW account. I don't know.

I think all the posturing, or gun waving as you put it, was necessary. That's just the union playing their part in the play.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what happened to your response, if you deleted it or it got edited, or I would quote it.

It got a little heated in here last night and I deleted eleven posts before I went to bed. I left a few of the milder ones. Thats why the flow of this thread jumps around a little bit. We can do better guys, try to debate and leave out the insults please. It was getting in the gutter too much.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Can you add ANYTHING of substance to this conversation? I have never seen such ****washing of this magnitude by anyone.

Red - It seems to me that tieguy is explaining the "theatrics" pretty well and you seem to be ignoring it. Why would 705 hold a strike authorization vote before they had finished negotiations?

We started contract talks on june 9th from then until july 20th nothing was done. The strike vote was leverage to get ups moving at the table.
That's like telling UPS "you guys could offer us gold plated trucks and we won't want it." That along with the one poster (i'm not going to go back and find his name...) that said something along the lines of "We are striking on Friday at 12AM no matter what!" That isn't the attitude of someone who is willing to work with the company.

You by now should know a credited poster, we all know that it takes some time to get credit. You might not agree with everything one says but you can tell the ones that stay. Lookk how many unregistered users popped up. This debate has been good and is not the first one we have been through. The apwa was just as big and then last year the nma, were 90% of the people on here were against it.

We were willing to work with the company from day one, and we started getting prepared for the talks by getting the members involved from january. Our proposal came from the members and was voted on by the members to offer it to ups.

I'm glad this is over now, but 705 definitely went about the wrong way of "keeping their members informed." Did you consider the possibility that the reason 710 was not lowballed like 705 was because they weren't flaunting their unnecessary threat of a strike? Just something to think about.

Talk to any 710 upser they will tell you that they were not offered anything like ups offered us. Ups attempted to turn the members against our current leadership and it did not work. Realixe the strike vote was taken on july 20th leaving us only 11 days from that point. Ups was low balling from day one.

As you can see we have tie who can never post any facts, then his minnie me bloody, these are the two guys that have all the inside info but were not there at all and have yet to post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

705red

Browncafe Steward
It got a little heated in here last night and I deleted eleven posts before I went to bed. I left a few of the milder ones. Thats why the flow of this thread jumps around a little bit. We can do better guys, try to debate and leave out the insults please. It was getting in the gutter too much.
Well its to be expected when management claims to know it all and you just ask for the facts they get a little tempered.

Great job scratch keeping the threads clean. Any chance you could pm me the delted posts so i can see what i missed?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red, this is factual.....are you going to deny it ?????
I have said that ups called back after we walked out wednesday night. Some of us were able to make it back and some were not. What i am denying is that hall negotiated our contract that you and your idol tie have been saying!

705 negotiated our contract.