Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You can't blame ken.. He is told what to do. He was when carry was in. Now he is when H jr. leads.. Sometimes your hands are tide when you are not the leader.
I really don't see it that way.

I see it more like a Colonel Henry Blake/Corporal Radar O'Reilly dynamic, where HJr signs off on whatever KH put in front of him and heads off for the golf course.

But hey, if you're right and Ken has been under his thumb and rights the ship if he's afforded the opportunity to take the wheel, I'm in.

Because at the end of the day, I'm a Teamster who only wants what best for our brothers and sisters.

I really don't see it that way.

I see it more like a Colonel Henry Blake/Corporal Radar O'Reilly dynamic, where HJr signs off on whatever KH put in front of him and heads off for the golf course.

But hey, if you're right and Ken has been under his thumb and rights the ship if he's afforded the opportunity to take the wheel, I'm in.

Because at the end of the day, I'm a Teamster who only wants what best for our brothers and sisters.
If KH wants to kick tale and put ups on notice with a strike threat or even go on strike, I don't think JH Jr. will let him..
Your hands can be tide if you don't have that ability to make the company go Oooo Sheet!!

Also, It wasn't KH's doing on healthcare change. There was a committee that made the decision..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No big deal. I've been blessed to make over 100k for a long time. I've been putting it away in my 401k since I was 18. When I see what other Teamsters have from other industries and other union furthermore we do very well as ups Teamsters.

Ps I like all the new avatars brother.
I've been here long enough to try to get an avitar up once in a while.. Btw... Great job taking care of your fam and 401k....it's not easy to see that money going out each week but in the end it will totally be worth it...hell, I probably have 9 to 10 years to go and my wife has already started talking about retirement and maybe moving out of state... Somewhere warm. You can never start planning too early!!

ezmoney5150

If he's responsible for our negotiated hourly rate, then he's also responsible for the negotiated concessions in the previous contracts, including my declining healthcare benefits.

No matter what happens overall, the juggler vein of the present administration and it's dummy pulpit regime have been exposed.

When H&H loses the Central Region, the writing will be on the wall.
At this point, whoever wins, better take note and make adjustments or they will be packing their bags in 5 years.

The membership is waking up, thank God.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for you guys to get it? UPS wanted out of the healthcare business. If they we're going to stay in it UPS was going to get something for the trouble. To the tune of $90 a week in premiums. What's the zuck done? Oh that's right. Substandard contracts in his own local.

No to mention carhaul. Look at the raises he got in carhaul. Substandard compared to UPS.

So you want to replace bad (in your opinion) with worse. Sounds good to uhhhh, nobody with common sense.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not sure why it's so hard for you guys to get it? UPS wanted out of the healthcare business. If they we're going to stay in it UPS was going to get something for the trouble. To the tune of $90 a week in premiums.
I don't see why it's so hard for you to understand that if UPS truly "wanted out of the healthcare business", it would have been a significant bargaining chip for the Union.
How could it be that the Union acquiesced to the healthcare issue, while still caving on other issues, all to a company at the top of their game, consistently recording historic new highs in profits?

I submit that UPS didn't necessarily "want out of the healthcare business", rather they wanted all UPS employees in their plan if they were to continue.
More participants, cheaper coverage.

When UPS realized that the Teamsters were going to balk at that notion of all UPSer's moving to the company plan, in light of many Locals depending on UPS contributions to maintain their own smaller independent Local healthcare plans, the company realized they now had the bargaining power.
Hence the company/union rouse: "not $90, not $9, not 9 cents".

Think about it, it makes perfect sense.

You need to look no further than the Local just south of yours, who has their own Local healthcare plan, to validate my assertion.

Last edited:

voodoo child

We need a change at 688 we have guys now being fired for taking lunch and missing comm del after they are given more stops and the union does nothing these men are eating x off suspensions.

ezmoney5150

We need a change at 688 we have guys now being fired for taking lunch and missing comm del after they are given more stops and the union does nothing these men are eating x off suspensions.

There's always more to the story. Unless you were the Steward involved you're just spewing rumor and innuendo.

ezmoney5150

I don't see why it's so hard for you to understand that if UPS truly "wanted out of the healthcare business", it would have been a significant bargaining chip for the Union.
How could it be that the Union acquiesced to the healthcare issue, while still caving on other issues, all to a company at the top of their game, consistently recording historic new highs in profits?

I submit that UPS didn't necessarily "want out of the healthcare business", rather they wanted all UPS employees in their plan if they were to continue.
More participants, cheaper coverage.

When UPS realized that the Teamsters were going to balk at that notion of all UPSer's moving to the company plan, in light of many Locals depending on UPS contributions to maintain their own smaller independent Local healthcare plans, the company realized they now had the bargaining power.
Hence the company/union rouse: "not $90, not $9, not 9 cents".

Think about it, it makes perfect sense.

You need to look no further than the Local just south of yours, who has their own Local healthcare plan, to validate my assertion.

Record profits. That's all we hear from you tdu folks. If they lost money you guys would be screaming that they're hiding the profits or HH asked for too much. Local 964 just for the record wanted out of their plan to go to Teamcare. Their members are paying.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Record profits. That's all we hear from you tdu folks. If they lost money you guys would be screaming that they're hiding the profits of HH asked for too much.
Not TDU, and that's not the case, so what else do you got???
Local 964, just for the record, wanted out of their plan to go to Teamcare. Their members are paying.
I was talking about a Local a little further south, but that there are 2 Local's so close to you, just reinforces my assertion.
We would all have been better off with the company run healthcare plan.

voodoo child

I was the steward the guy would take some lunch at end of day and they got on him about safety so he said ill take in middle of day.Thats ok with me co problem if he has too much comm del.

ezmoney5150

Not TDU, and that's not the case, so what else do you got???

I was talking about a Local a little further south, but that there are 2 Local's so close to you, just reinforces my assertion.
We would all have been better off with the company run healthcare plan.
So then how much profit should go to us? Enough that they only make 1 billion? Break even?

Your assertion is wrong. How well did that Suborgation work in the company plan? Oh yeah. There wasn't any.

Instigator

I'm not sure why it's so hard for you guys to get it? UPS wanted out of the healthcare business. If they we're going to stay in it UPS was going to get something for the trouble. To the tune of $90 a week in premiums. What's the zuck done? Oh that's right. Substandard contracts in his own local.

No to mention carhaul. Look at the raises he got in carhaul. Substandard compared to UPS.

So you want to replace bad (in your opinion) with worse. Sounds good to uhhhh, nobody with common sense.
Z's substandard contracts? Is that what someone told you? Which ones are they or you don't know and you're listening to H And H election year lies.

ezmoney5150

Z's substandard contracts? Is that what someone told you? Which ones are they or you don't know and you're listening to H And H election year lies.

I watched the debate. He didn't refute them. Because if someone told a lie about me I would refute it.

You can lead a horse to water.......

Instigator

So you'll go with the inexperienced team who's leader gave some of the biggest concessions on a local level? The guy that was so bad in carhaul he wasn't asked to continue the deplorable job? Makes sense.
He did a great job in Carhaul. Managed to negotiate contracts with wage increases and protected benefits when the industry was going bankrupt. He didn't sellout the Carhaul members like your buddy JB did with Specialized at Local 251

Instigator

I w
I watched the debate. He didn't refute them. Because if someone told a lie about me I would refute it.

You can lead a horse to water.......
I watched it also. So what contracts are you talking about. I'm from Local 89 and KH is the biggest liar on the planet. I also believe Z called KH a liar at the debate and KH didn't refute that

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So then how much profit should go to us? Enough that they only make 1 billion? Break even?
At least a proportional percentage of new profit to what we were realizing under previous collective bargaining agreements, which hasn't been negotiated in several contracts.
What is it about this notion that you find unreasonable?
Your assertion is wrong. How well did that Suborgation work in the company plan? Oh yeah. There wasn't any.
My assertion holds water to the top of the glass, because the same dynamic is still in play.
Again, if UPS provided healthcare for ALL their employees, they could negotiate better services, for lower prices.
This is what they wanted, but the Union couldn't afford to let the company "segregate" their contributions for UPSer's only, so the Union lost their bargaining power.
Now instead, we find our UPS healthcare contributions spread out over multiple funds, while realizing lesser benefits for the same money.

Neat

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
He did a great job in Carhaul. Managed to negotiate contracts with wage increases and protected benefits when the industry was going bankrupt. He didn't sellout the Carhaul members like your buddy JB did with Specialized at Local 251
Who brokered that deal? If you said Z, you win!