WHO IS PROUD?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Future, May 10, 2014.

1. Future

Future Well-Known Member

No idea why i even started this thread,but we all do alot of bsing on here about the company and alot of hatred and horror storys. I guess what I am asking is are you proud as workers to work for UPS? After I pull away fr allll the BS from Mgt I can actually say Yes. I have a college degree etc should have taken a different path, but honestly when i do my job and put on that uniform there is a sense of pride!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

We will probably catch some hell for it but I am also proud to work at UPS. I have the same complaints as everyone but strip away the BS and it's a great job. I was a police officer for 10 years before coming here and I wouldn't trade my best day copping for my worst day here.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Sent using BrownCafe App

3. Im proud,but not as much as I used to be. We used to be able to service our customers, not such much. anymore!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Not me! When people ask me if I would recommend UPS I tell them absolutely not.

5. Future

Future Well-Known Member

I agree with your statement,but as a individual you can make still service the customer (no not the 25yr old blonde secretary)

6. 27 year old ,Red Head!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Future

Future Well-Known Member

maybe not now, but when I started and the culture of the company still is part of me.

8. Quigley

Quigley Active Member

I never went to college. This company has given me a lifestyle I could only dream of if it wasnt for them. Yes there is BS but show me a company where there wouldnt be any. Would I recommend this company? Absolutely.

9. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

No, and it's been a very long time since I was.

10. Honestly, besides the money. How could you convince a young person, to take a job here?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. HubBub

HubBub Active Member

If you can't find pride in what you do you should find another line of work (generally speaking). We might not be curing cancer, but we do serve an invaluable function in society, and thanks to our union we do so in a way that allows us to preserve our dignity and self-respect. I personally am proud to be a part of this company.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

NO - Was many years ago; not now.
    Just looking for the finish line ......

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Quigley

Quigley Active Member

So what industry would you recommend for a young person without a college degree? I didnt start at UPS till I was 38. Had a dozen of different jobs, always looking for something better. I never had one where there wasnt any BS or some :censored2: supervisor.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. We cant keep,young guys around here. They work them too hard , harass them too much, Then scratch their heads when they quit!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Management by intimidation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

I am proud to work at UPS. You just have to deal with the BS and realize they are just packages and you can only work so fast/safe . My wife knows I wont be home early, but we have weekends off and I make good money. There is job security at UPS, and a sense of accomplishment everyday.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. They do beat the snot,put of the new hires. Everybody has to pay their dues but, I dont think I could make It here. as a new hire now!

Yes you do not need a college degree for this job! But a lot of people, can not do this job! Thats the only reason, we get paid so well!

18. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Was when first hired. As time progressed, service slacked, P/Cs didn't get washed, Tractors were not cleaned, my pride went away.

19. lmao.
    Job Security is an illusion.

20. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

As a young person, or in your present condition. I might agree with you in my present condition(old fart), but as a young'n I could handle it, just not let them get to you.