WHO IS PROUD?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Time was, when I was younger, that I worked any old job that came along. I never really worried about my future because I lived in the now. The work that I had then had no future and would not have provided me with any financial security. I did not have the level of insurance that I currently enjoy. In my previous work life there was always BS to deal with from the Management because they were responsible for making sure that you earned your paycheck. An employer is entitled to that.
Too often we "forget" what it was like living in our past work manifestations. Current and future financial security and premium insurance are worth a little BS in my estimation and I would recommend it to anyone.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm proud to be a teamster and i'm proud of the service I give our customers and the relationships i've made with them despite management's daily display of disdain for them and us.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Depends on when you ask me. Dealing with yuks for supervisors, and their puppet-masters in Sandy Springs, pride, sometimes, gets replaced with exasperation and the wonderment of stupidity. This is a daily experience.

But when I'm pulling my set of doubles down the highway in the middle of the night, knowing we, for the most part, are the safest crew on the road,,yeah, I guess pride is a big part of that. Safety is a big push at UPS, even though they do everything in their power to sabotage that safety.

At the end of the day, safety is MY priority, and I ignore most of their other flim-flam jargon and BSing. Talk is cheap, and all management seems to know how to do is talk. But the ability to compartmentalize is the UPS Teamster's biggest task. Many can't, or won't do it. Those are your burners and lunch skippers.

When I pull into the truck stop to do my safety check and go pee, I do have pride wearing the brown uniform. I have pride for the way I do my work here.

Johney

We cant keep,young guys around here. They work them too hard , harass them too much, Then scratch their heads when they quit!
I see this as the way things will be heading in the not too distant future. High turn over with all positions. Less vacations,injuries. Older employees don't take as much crap and know right from wrong,new people just do what their told whether it's right or wrong.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Union going down the same road. High turn over means less pensions paid out,less benefits,etc. Yet still receiving contributions from the company.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can still run circles, around all you "young punks"!:censored2: but honestly,if I was 21 again and just starting. NO
Agreed...i'm faster than guys half my age but if I could do life over again..I would've stayed in grad school and gotten myself a career than doesn't involve manual labor and sweating like a pig....lol. Oh well...if wishes were horses...we'd all be knee-deep.in crap!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I worked for the company from age 21 to age 59. Wow have things changed in all those years. Some for the better and some not so much. Some time us old timers in feeders sit around and talk about what was. (as a group we are big bs'ers) My attitude definitely went south the longer I worked there. Almost to a person we say how this could really be a GREAT job. UPS management sometimes makes things miserable for you simply because they can. At one time I'd recommend this job to friends and family. Currently, I wouldn't wish this job on a brother in law.(joke) I value my friends and family too much. I am glad I made the decision to retire. The 120 feeder drivers under me who moved up a notch in seniority agree with me. haha. Some of the younger guys have no idea what it used to be like.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Agreed...i'm faster than guys half my age but if I could do life over again..I would've stayed in grad school and gotten myself a career than doesn't involve manual labor and sweating like a pig....lol. Oh well...if wishes were horses...we'd all be knee-deep.in crap!
I voluntarily left a white collar desk job I loved to do this. Couldn't resist the money, benefits and job security.

Future

Victory Ride
They do beat the snot,put of the new hires. Everybody has to pay their dues but, I dont think I could make It here. as a new hire now!

Yes you do not need a college degree for this job! But a lot of people, can not do this job! Thats the only reason, we get paid so well!
Then consider yourself proud.....you just said it in your statement.....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's just a job I do for the money, pride doesn't really enter into it. I'm happy with the pay and the benefits but if I wasn't working here I'd be working some place else.