Who put their UPS stub online? C’mon bro 🤦‍♀️…….

Thebrownblob

Have you priced a triple bypass surgery and a month in intensive care? $20/wk taken out for Medicare is a bargain.
Oh, what does that have to do with it? You said free, clearly not free, prepaid and perhaps a good deal but you’re really not given a choice unless you just don’t work at all, and you really believe it’s worth $40,000 or is that just what they’re charging people because they can?

Johney

That’s a bad option. A life insurance policy is a far better option. Especially if you take it out early enough.
If you take it out early enough, but if you don’t it is a wash. I looked at both when I retired the best policy I could get was costing more than my spousal benefits and was only good for 20 years. I left at 56 So say I outlived the policy it was useless.

Oh, what does that have to do with it? You said free, clearly not free, prepaid and perhaps a good deal but you’re really not given a choice unless you just don’t work at all, and you really believe it’s worth $40,000 or is that just what they’re charging people because they can?
Closer to a half million Dollars for a triple Bypass surgery and intensive care. Father in law just went trough it. Unfortunately he did not survive.

Johney

You live 20 years and one day , she gets nothing
Exactly. That's why I took spousal benefits. If she dies before me it resorts back to my full pension amount, but had I not chosen spousal benefits from the beginning you can't change your mind later. Besides she's probably in much better health than me and can bilk my pension money for a lot longer.