Whose god is better, yours or mine?

P

pickup

I've made several women see God, does that count?

If you mean by revealing your divine rod to them , just as Moses did in order to perform his miracles, and by just seeing it caused these women to run away in horror and forsake the world and join the local nunnery , where afterwards they commune with god on a daily basis and perhaps see Him in their visions, yeah that would count and would probably be the most likely way your statement would be true.

Keep walking around in your yellow raincoat , over 9 5 , and keep EXPOSING these young ladies to the wickedness of the world. You are doing the Lord's work, whether ye know it or not .

over9five

Staff member
"The Divine Rod"!!!

I think I've found a name for it. Where was that thread???

And Pickup, "That Thread" can be the name for yours!!!! LOLOLOLOL!

P

pickup

I remember there was a variation of WWJD(What would Jesus do?). Some people took that and tried to environmentalize it and turned it into What Would Jesus Drive? And then they argued that Jesus would not drive an s.u.v. as it indirectly funds terrorism and that it ruins the environment. A smaller car would have been what Jesus drove they argued.

If you look at the scriptures, Jesus would not have had a car or a chariot(I assume those were around). He for the most part walked. On occassion, he took a boat, but that was to prove a point. And on one of those occassions, he walked on water anyway proving the boat wasn't necessary.

On another occassion, he rode on a donkey into Jerusalem , in order that scripture be fulfilled. He could have just as easily walked.

P

pickup

"The Divine Rod"!!!

I think I've found a name for it. Where was that thread???

And Pickup, "That Thread" can be the name for yours!!!! LOLOLOLOL!

took me three minutes to figure out that my member was disparaged in your final line . Good one, 95

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
'If you would not have GOD, then have Stalin or Hitler'. quote by someone I can't remember to credit
Is that really our only three choices? Hitler was a big christian guy though, so it's actually just two choices. And then you have to figure which god is the right one, which leads to the Homer Simpson conundrum:
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god? Every time we go to church, we're just making him madder and madder.":happy-very:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
If you allowed yourselves to think of God, you wouldn’t allow yourselves to be degraded by pleasant vices. You’d have a reason for bearing things patiently, for doing things with courage…. If you had a God, you’d have a reason for self-denial.

-John the Savage from Brave New World

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"IF" Jesus were God's son and was among us, the first thing he'd say to his dad would be....

"Where the hell is Jerry Fallwell, I'm gonna kick that hypocrite's ass!!"

As far as the contrived "WWJD" (what would Jesus drive) debate....I think Jesus would base His transportation choices upon what was practical and met His needs rather than what would make Him look good. I doubt it would be an SUV or any sort of luxury vehicle. I would guess that His choice would be to walk or utilize mass transit so that He would have more of an opportunity to meet and talk to people.

P

pickup

Is that really our only three choices? Hitler was a big christian guy though, so it's actually just two choices. And then you have to figure which god is the right one, which leads to the Homer Simpson conundrum:
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god? Every time we go to church, we're just making him madder and madder.":happy-very:

Sure there is some wisdom in Homer's statement, However, I think the three choices still exist., although I think the choices are not the men themselves, but the attitudes that many have. I highly doubt that Hitler's "chistianity" ever once got in the way of his choices and actions , if anything his christianity was subjected and put in service of his desires. A little honest reflection on what religion is all about might lead one to believe that it is a matter of subjecting and refining your desires and putting them in service of your god.

In terms of what I mentioned about Hitler, what is the Devil if not another word for the term Deified evil ?(You see, I deify, add a D to the word evil and make it devil.) . Cute pun but serious point, many of us, deify evil, we worship it under the guise of worshipping god which is a shortened version of his full name, Good. I am just as guilty of it as others but by trying to be aware of it and trying to slightly change it, I think I am better off than I was before.

Note: literary license was taken to make a point

I wasn't there when he did pray , but I assume that when Hitler prayed, he wasn't asking God what his will was but was asking god for the power and energy to, not fulfill HIS will, but to fulfill his(hitler's will) , like many of us , including me more times than I care to admit.
And Hitler resorted to the black arts in an attempt to obtain supernatural power to fulfil his dreams. Hardly the actions of a christian. Sort of akin to When king Saul obtained the aid of the witch of endor in order to communicate with the spirit of the dead Samuel. ( Hence, the name of Endora for SAMantha's mother in Bewitched) . Hardly the actions of a fine jew.

in closing, I am going to quote (paraphrase) what Abraham Lincoln had to say about religion . " I respect a man's religion to the degree that his dog is better off for him having that religion" . I don't think that is the actual quote but close enough.

So, if a man after having a conversion to a particular religion, ends up kicking his dog harder and more frequently or just as hard and frequently as before he made the conversion, I see no beneficial effects of that religion, or at least of the religion as he (the dog kicker) perceives it.

Since you brought up the simpsons, I would tend to think Lisa's comments and musing about god and religion are more thought provoking but that Marge is probably the much better christian than any of them in thought and action. All imperfect, but hey who isn't .

My thoughts on religion is something akin to this statement " I am not in competition with you or him , but with the man I was yesterday " Sometimes I win that competition and sometimes I don't but yet I still breath so there is still hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

"Where the hell is Jerry Fallwell, I'm gonna kick that hypocrite's ass!!"

As far as the contrived "WWJD" (what would Jesus drive) debate....I think Jesus would base His transportation choices upon what was practical and met His needs rather than what would make Him look good. I doubt it would be an SUV or any sort of luxury vehicle. I would guess that His choice would be to walk or utilize mass transit so that He would have more of an opportunity to meet and talk to people.

I agree soberups, the lady in the crowd who touched his garment and experienced a healing of a long standing illness would never have had the chance to if his limo pulled up to the back door of the building and secretly discharged its passengers there.

And let me add, that many on the side of the debate who argued that a luxury car and s.u.v wasn't the way Jesus would have traveled often were limousine liberals and had those very same vehicles in their garages. Or those same debators couldn't afford said vehicles and so could conveniently attack those who did have them, but if they won the lottery, they would be driving those vehicles within 10 minutes of picking up the oversized check

moreluck

golden ticket member
The other day, I was sitting in a sports bar watching a baseball game,and the guy sitting next to me leaned over and said, "You know, if Jesus had played baseball, he would have been the greatest baseball player ever!"

I thought about it for a second and said to him, "You know, if Babe Ruth had been the Messiah, the Catholic's would have beer and hot dogs for communion!"

jennie

The other day, I was sitting in a sports bar watching a baseball game,and the guy sitting next to me leaned over and said, "You know, if Jesus had played baseball, he would have been the greatest baseball player ever!"

I thought about it for a second and said to him, "You know, if Babe Ruth had been the Messiah, the Catholic's would have beer and hot dogs for communion!"

Wonder how he would of played football? Running back, left tackle, maybe quarterback? The catholics would still have beer and hot dogs for communion, lol!

P

pickup

Wonder how he would of played football? Running back, left tackle, maybe quarterback? The catholics would still have beer and hot dogs for communion, lol!

I think he would probably save the game as a defensive safety or defensive lineman. At half time, he would probably go into the stadium and upset the concession tables for the outrageous prices they charge for their monopoly items(as bags containing food and drink are prohibited at the gate.).

The fans would cheer him with "hosannas" as he enters the field at the beginning of the game and then try to crucify him on the field goal post at the end of the game, for while the team will have won , maybe they didn't cover the spread.

He would also take some heat for hanging out with some of the cheerleaders during the time the offense was on the field.

Just my opinion

jennie

I think he would probably save the game as a defensive safety or defensive lineman. At half time, he would probably go into the stadium and upset the concession tables for the outrageous prices they charge for their monopoly items(as bags containing food and drink are prohibited at the gate.).

The fans would cheer him with "hosannas" as he enters the field at the beginning of the game and then try to crucify him on the field goal post at the end of the game, for while the team will have won , maybe they didn't cover the spread.

He would also take some heat for hanging out with some of the cheerleaders during the time the offense was on the field.

Just my opinion

WOO HOO Score!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Jesus would be outside the stadium talking to the people who couldnt afford tickets to the game

moreluck

golden ticket member
If Jesus was a Jew, he'd be outside the stadium OK, but he'd be scalpin' those tickets.........did I say that out loud?? OOPS ! :wink2: