Why are all the anti Old Guard and Mafia posts deleted?

10 point

How does that concession affect you? How often do you take a week off with no pay?
OMG---"one whole punch" per week?

Give me a break!
You are not thinking of every situation that can affect an hourly that they cannot acquire FMLA leave and disability leave does not apply.

My father in law had another tumor cut out of his brain lately and I cannot get on FMLA or any other leave from work to help care for him. if I don't punch in one time during the week my health care benefits are dropped.

If I was on my old plan I'd have the whole month as a cushion.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You are not thinking of every situation that can affect an hourly that they cannot acquire FMLA leave and disability leave does not apply.

My father in law had another tumor cut out of his brain lately and I cannot get on FMLA or any other leave from work to help care for him. if I don't punch in one time during the week my health care benefits are dropped.

Understood.

Times change.

Blame the medical industry. Blame the government. Blame your elected state officials.

Who you can't blame, is the IBT.

People who argue that "UPS made x amount of dollars"

And feel, somehow that translates (in) to giving it all to the hourly employee's....

Has no understanding of how collective bargaining works.

-Bug-

10 point

Understood.

Times change.

Blame the medical industry. Blame the government. Blame your elected state officials.

Who you can't blame, is the IBT.

People who argue that "UPS made x amount of dollars"

And feel, somehow that translates (in) to giving it all to the hourly employee's....

Has no understanding of how collective bargaining works.

-Bug-
OK. I don't understand it. I haven't experienced it.

But I do understand that my healthcare was better when the company made (netted) 80% less.

Times change. Yes it does.
We losing traction?
Time will tell.

10 point

To hear USNY expound on his comprehensive wisdom about our healthcare is like watching political commercials for the next twelve months.

5habits100

I'm sorry to hear about your in law but why don't you qualify for FMLA?

5habits100

Filling out the paperwork is the easy part. Jumping through all of their hoops trying to qualify is the hard part.
If the doctor disables you then you receive disability benefits there are no "hoops" to jump through. In Ohio you can also receive unemployment compensation while you are receiving disability payments. I wish people could get their FACTS straight.