Why are all the anti Old Guard and Mafia posts deleted?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There's a federal website too.
You normally get educated when it involves you. Otherwise, most don't spend the time.
Website is definitely a better (updated) resource.
FMLA has been in a constant state of change since its inception.
You almost have to be a labor lawyer to keep up with them.

10 point

I recently heard of a loophole that may stop the company from forcing you to burn vacation time during FMLA leave.

I'll have to look it up and post it ... unless it's old news already? Never heard of that before.

10 point

Check your state FMLA law. It could be that "loophole".
I was just reading thru it. The "loop hole" was a provision made thru congressional decision and unfortunately I was driving down the interstate when the radio program discussed it briefly. I wish I would have voice texted it to save the info.

It was a two edged sword rule that could be argued in favor of the affected employee.

5habits100

I already told you???
I watched a co-worker go for 10 weeks without a paycheck earlier this year while they decided whether his hernia was as a result of a work place injury or natural wear and tear.

Because you say it, don't make it FACT.
That's what I get for trying to help you. Don't worry it won't happen again

5habits100

Website is definitely a better (updated) resource.
FMLA has been in a constant state of change since its inception.
You almost have to be a labor lawyer to keep up with them.
That's why I said there are other books that explain it and you don't have to be a lawyer. Or you could also call you region DOL office. That's even easier.

10 point

Or you get involved when you want to help others.
That's par for the course. We're gluttons for punishment. And often forgotten about down the road because life goes on, it's expected of us, and it's part of who we are so we keep on helping in a hostile work environment?

True.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Subrogation is a benefit you didn't have under the company plan either. That is extremely valuable for the many people you represent that get hurt on the job and UPS contests their claim leaving them without insurance or money coming in forcing them back to work prematurely. Under the new crappy plan they keep their insurance and get paid while they fight UPS.

What do you disagree with Bubble

I already told you???
I watched a co-worker go for 10 weeks without a paycheck earlier this year while they decided whether his hernia was as a result of a work place injury or natural wear and tear.

Because you say it, don't make it FACT.
That's what I get for trying to help you. Don't worry it won't happen again

Settle down Alice, and excuse me if I don't take what is posted by an anonymous BC poster as gospel.
While I am sure you have a high opinion of yourself, it's hard for me to see things through your eyes under the circumstances.
What I do know is, that if you're looking for thank you's, your likely in the wrong business.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Or you get involved when you want to help others.
As a steward, you have to draw a line somewhere and know when to delegate some the questions and problems to the numerous other resources available to our members.
If you dont, the job can eat you alive.
I try to concentrate on contractual issues and don't hesitate to direct most of the other questions and issues to the HR department or the BA, as it is their full time job.

5habits100

Settle down Alice, and excuse me if I don't take what is posted by an anonymous BC poster as gospel.
While I am sure you have a high opinion of yourself, it's hard for me to see things through your eyes under the circumstances.
What I do know is, that if you're looking for thank you's, your likely in the wrong business.
I am settled down.
I do have a high opinion of myself and my coworkers.
And I only want a thank you from you.