Work as Instructed!!!

Dear Diary

UPS PC Slave
6 hours of work given out in the morning, instructed that I must not punch out under 8 hours and that I will be on call to take on other drivers stops.

At 3:45 I get messaged not to punch out and to wait for further instructions. I finish my stops at 4:15pm and sit at a farmers market to wait. Past 5pm I get messaged to meet a driver and take stops off them. By the time I drive, meet, sort the stops, it's almost 6pm. I finish the 12 stops they give me in 20 minutes. Message the center again that I'm done and am told to wait. Right at 7pm I get a message saying "Back to center ASAP must punch out immediately." I punch out at 7:30pm

So UPS gives me 6 hours of work and says to do it in 8, then gives me 20 min of work while making me do nothing for a total of 3 hours. Proud to represent UPS as a model employee and work exactly as instructed by the center.

JustDeliverIt

6 hours of work given out in the morning, instructed that I must not punch out under 8 hours and that I will be on call to take on other drivers stops.

At 3:45 I get messaged not to punch out and to wait for further instructions. I finish my stops at 4:15pm and sit at a farmers market to wait. Past 5pm I get messaged to meet a driver and take stops off them. By the time I drive, meet, sort the stops, it's almost 6pm. I finish the 12 stops they give me in 20 minutes. Message the center again that I'm done and am told to wait. Right at 7pm I get a message saying "Back to center ASAP must punch out immediately." I punch out at 7:30pm

So UPS gives me 6 hours of work and says to do it in 8, then gives me 20 min of work while making me do nothing for a total of 3 hours. Proud to represent UPS as a model employee and work exactly as instructed by the center.

You get paid by the minute to WAD. Easy money, enjoy it. Those things are few and far between from this company.

Expect to be called into the office on Monday to explain why you were so far over allowed. And bring your Union steward with you.

Red UPSer

Easy OT dawg, I been getting back after 7 every day for three weeks with people taking stops OFF me. That's not as easy OT

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

step #1: Turn phone off
step #2: follow Orion 100%

542thruNthru

Easy money. I love when they do that. It's fun to point out to the center manager the next morning. :)

Shiftless

Its "WAD" stands for " Work As Directed " Generally the best money you can make when you go into the "WAD" mode!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Sounds normal.

rocket man

I got instructions by diad to call (me). ? ,So i waited till next morning asked who me was they hung up.

Undertow

I remember when they told us all those years ago about how the ORION program was going to keep those kind of scenarios from occurring...

Stuff like that still happens every now and then in our building, but it's usually when the office staff is short on people most familiar with trying to put out fires or there's a bunch of fairly new hires on the road and find out the residential splits they took out are stuff they have never seen after they texted an earlier ETA.

I'm not really surprised. It's peak volume or more in so many places which can mean peak problems. Sitting idle for 2 hours or more might sound like easy money, but if it's 90 degrees or more outside I'd far rather be home or on my way home these days especially if there's no restaurants to kind of sit down in and cool off.

Cloud

I remember when they told us all those years ago about how the ORION program was going to keep those kind of scenarios from occurring...

Stuff like that still happens every now and then in our building, but it's usually when the office staff is short on people most familiar with trying to put out fires or there's a bunch of fairly new hires on the road and find out the residential splits they took out are stuff they have never seen after they texted an earlier ETA.

I'm not really surprised. It's peak volume or more in so many places which can mean peak problems. Sitting idle for 2 hours or more might sound like easy money, but if it's 90 degrees or more outside I'd far rather be home or on my way home these days especially if there's no restaurants to kind of sit down in and cool off.

Yeah I totally agree - especially in the summer heat right now. It's a freaking oven deathtrap in the package area. If you can get it done early and get the bonus time while doing it safely, might as well.