working Sunday?

Artee

All the fat asses and people with health issues were more that happy to go non-dot when it meant they would't have to take a physical anymore, no bmi count, and go through sleep apnea tests. Now they get to see the other side of the coin.

MAKAVELI

All the fat asses and people with health issues were more that happy to go non-dot when it meant they would't have to take a physical anymore, no bmi count, and go through sleep apnea tests. Now they get to see the other side of the coin.
Most of the fat asses are in rtd.;)

DontThrowPackages

Because at my station, someone waved a magic wand and made most of us who drive Sprinters non-DOT, clearing the way for FedEx to abuse us at will. Forced to work 10 days in a row. PSP at it's finest right there!

Senior manager told us time and a half. My manager said double time, according to an email he read. We shall see.
Make photocopies or pics of all time cards for record.

DontThrowPackages

In Catholicism, the Sabbath is Sunday.

"
THE THIRD COMMANDMENT

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work. The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath; so the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath."
Sabado means Saturday in Spanish. Sabbatum is Saturday in latin. Begs to reason, Sabbath means Saturday.

sportsjock

Just found out they are only paying for hours worked on Sunday. After being told we were going to have eight hours of work. Check it out! This is how today ran you arrive at the stop rang the doorbell or knock or the door if the customer is their you scan the package and have them sign. If they aren't at home you don't scan the package you just throw it back on the shelve. I know it was going to be a bunch of BS working on Sunday that's why I stayed home.

overflowed

Just found out they are only paying for hours worked on Sunday. After being told we were going to have eight hours of work. Check it out! This is how today ran you arrive at the stop rang the doorbell or knock or the door if the customer is their you scan the package and have them sign. If they aren't at home you don't scan the package you just throw it back on the shelve. I know it was going to be a bunch of BS working on Sunday that's why I stayed home.
HUH?

sportsjock

Yep a buddy of mine who did work today told me. After everyone was on the road they sent out a ODS message saying their was some confusion and people that worked would only get paid for hours works. After being told in several PCM's they would have eight hours of work. I knew it was going to be messy

overflowed

I already knew they would pull this crap. I told the volunteers they would get straight time on Sunday. Plus you got a holiday coming up and won't be counted as a work day. I would've just cleared right after the message and left since nothing is actually due.

sportsjock

When the DM asked me was I working on Sunday I told him flat out NO. He asked why it's double time. I told him " I don't care about that. I know you guys are dangling a carrot and it's not going to be what you say it is I'd rather stay home with my family" now all the drivers are pissed and we are still going to screwed tomorrow, just like last Monday. I clocked out at 10:15 last Monday.

BrownMeetPurple

Where is magical freight that makes you guys work Sunday? Heck Saturday is volunteer around here even during holidays and only couple get that OT in rotation.

El Morado Diablo

At our station the Saturday operation was run by the PT's who normally work that day plus a couple of non-DOT couriers. The FT's and non-DOT couriers worked today. We knocked out a lot of residential deliveries and should have a fairly easy day tomorrow.