worst smell

moreluck

golden ticket member
We got into our Tahoe and immediately smelled the worst odor ever. After a thorough search, hubby found a recently alive, dead rat in the engine area.....Ewwwww!!

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Is this some kind of "one up" game More? If so, read on. :wink2:

We got into our Tahoe and immediately smelled the worst odor ever. After a thorough search, hubby found a recently alive, dead rat in the engine area.....Ewwwww!!

HA!! I would have hung your rat from my rear view mirror as an air freshener in the summer of 78. After fishing one night, a friend and I forgot to remove a large catfish and a container of earthworms from the trunk of my 68 Biscayne. After a week of baking in the summer sun, the odor in that car would curl your toenails.

My dog refused to ride in it. When stopped in traffic, the people in cars around you would roll up their windows. If you drove it down tree lined side streets, squirrels would drop from the trees, dead before they hit the ground ( OK, OK, that's a little bit of an exaggeration, it just made them woozy enough that they couldn't hold on to the branches with their tiny little squirrel toes. They would get up and stagger away after a few minutes). Drive-thrus refused to serve me. Small children told stories of that Chevy, late at night, when huddled around camp fires.

I sped around town that entire summer, ignoring any, and all, traffic laws. None of the local cops had the nerve to stand at the driver's window long enough to write a ticket. That car was the sole reason that gas stations started self service and did away with attendants.

To this day, when I hear the sound of a leaky exhaust pipe coming down the street, I have a sudden urge to go fishing...

I didn't date much that year.

dillweed

LOL these are good ones, I've also smelled rotten fish bait worms in a hot trunk. Nasty

My Dad knew a man with a restaraunt who had boxes and boxes of chicken that had gone bad. We had, at that time, a summer farm where Mom had a big old truck patch. So Dad had the great idea of having Mom and us kids take that chicken up to the farm to throw on the garden. Loaded it up in the station wagon an off we went for a one hour drive in the hot summer with a load of very rotten chicken. Like to died that day.

bigbrownhen

Growing up on a dairy farm, we had lots of lovely smells, didn't bother us, we were used to it. I didn't realize how bad it was until I came home from summer camp once after being gone for 2 weeks, I thought Dad had been spreading manure, nope just normal farmy smells.

I would bet that we smelled better in August than some old car with a dead fish in the trunk though. I can't compete with that!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I now notice and can smell a farmer from a mile away. Love the smell, but...I now know how I must have smelled after cleaning the barn, when I went to school!
Dizzee that is hilarious!!

ups1990

Is this some kind of "one up" game More? If so, read on. :wink2:

HA!! I would have hung your rat from my rear view mirror as an air freshener in the summer of 78. After fishing one night, a friend and I forgot to remove a large catfish and a container of earthworms from the trunk of my 68 Biscayne. After a week of baking in the summer sun, the odor in that car would curl your toenails.

My dog refused to ride in it. When stopped in traffic, the people in cars around you would roll up their windows. If you drove it down tree lined side streets, squirrels would drop from the trees, dead before they hit the ground ( OK, OK, that's a little bit of an exaggeration, it just made them woozy enough that they couldn't hold on to the branches with their tiny little squirrel toes. They would get up and stagger away after a few minutes). Drive-thrus refused to serve me. Small children told stories of that Chevy, late at night, when huddled around camp fires.

I sped around town that entire summer, ignoring any, and all, traffic laws. None of the local cops had the nerve to stand at the driver's window long enough to write a ticket. That car was the sole reason that gas stations started self service and did away with attendants.

To this day, when I hear the sound of a leaky exhaust pipe coming down the street, I have a sudden urge to go fishing...
Verry funny and well written. For some reason, your story reminded me, of the movie Goodfellas. There was a scene where the three main characters where cleaning the trunk of the car due to them having a dead body there.

I didn't date much that year.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
At the place I worked before I came here, we had a driver that would swerve his trailer tires over dead skunks. He would then drop his trailer on the door when he got back to the building, filling the building up with skunk smell. Dock attendant and maintenance guys didn't think this was funny at all. Told him to stop. He didn't. Maintenance guy went to grocery store and bought some chicken breasts. Wire tied them to bottom of guys passenger seat. After 2 days guys truck couldn't even be parked in the truck barn because of foul smell. He quit running over dead skunks.

bigbrownhen

A few years back in August I had a package stinking up the back of package car, once I figured out which one it was I bagged it, but it still smelled like rotten hamburger. When I got to the house, I told the lady whatever she ordered had gone bad. Turned out they were in Florida on vacation and collected some shells from the beach and sent them back home. Nasty!

Ok, so I know I haven't on in a while and everyone was wondering where I have been...it's been quite a month...well this week has been the worst ever!..My grandmother died this past Sunday 6/14...she was 87. Then that Monday my our son was diagnosed with the flu and I followed him on Tueday with the flu...I thought I had a head/chest cold...yeah no it is the flu...so it hasn't been a good week, and I know this has nothing to do with this thread right now but I am on my way to a story that goes with this thread....

Last week...my hubby was taking out Dylan's diaper pail and LOL..the bottom of the bag broke, we had company over too...it smelt like something died...all I could do was laugh as I almost peed my pants in front of him as I also felt like passing out because of the stench...it smelt like well...rotten ****...as if you ever smelt just fresh ripen dog poop in the sun...yeah something along that line with a touch of fish. So as I stood there laughing and trying not to breath, my hubby was on his knees trying not to puke while yelling at me to help him and picking up the diapers....then as we finally had them all in a plastic bag, the plastic bag must have been heavy because that too broke and we started all over again. I NEVER laughed so hard in my life...and never saw my husband turn pale so quick either...it was a priceless look... I did help him after a minute or two of just standing there laughing in estonishment. LMAO!

Ok, so I know I haven't on in a while and everyone was wondering where I have been...it's been quite a month...well this week has been the worst ever!..My grandmother died this past Sunday 6/14...she was 87. Then that Monday my our son was diagnosed with the flu and I followed him on Tueday with the flu...I thought I had a head/chest cold...yeah no it is the flu...so it hasn't been a good week, and I know this has nothing to do with this thread right now but I am on my way to a story that goes with this thread....

Last week...my hubby was taking out Dylan's diaper pail and LOL..the bottom of the bag broke, we had company over too...it smelt like something died...all I could do was laugh as I almost peed my pants in front of him as I also felt like passing out because of the stench...it smelt like well...rotten ****...as if you ever smelt just fresh ripen dog poop in the sun...yeah something along that line with a touch of fish. So as I stood there laughing and trying not to breath, my hubby was on his knees trying not to puke while yelling at me to help him and picking up the diapers....then as we finally had them all in a plastic bag, the plastic bag must have been heavy because that too broke and we started all over again. I NEVER laughed so hard in my life...and never saw my husband turn pale so quick either...it was a priceless look... I did help him after a minute or two of just standing there laughing in estonishment. LMAO!
OH NOOO, the dreaded Baby Flu Poo...ewwwwww

32F driver

Here I thought I was gonna post how bad it smells when you drive by a yard with a honey dipper truck sucking out a septic tank. Oh, the smell of raw sewage, how invigorating. All of these are rather ill smelling, but Dylan's diaper dilemma takes the cake. Glad to hear there was plenty of laughter involved.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My center is within a mile or two of a rendering plant. More often than not on hot days the smell drifts over. A combination of barbecue and sewage smell. Thank goodness for the disposable earplugs.